The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 90 of 90

User Info Menu

Tommo, you said you thought some bluegrass might be interesting so here's some. Unfortunately someone decided to smash their way across the landing (god knows why) but we just carried on like good troupers do.

So, last blast, literally. Enjoy :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Tommo, you said you thought some bluegrass might be interesting so here's some. Unfortunately someone decided to smash their way across the landing (god knows why) but we just carried on like good troupers do.

Works for me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    I think I'm going to pick up on that - sounds like you can develop a nice solo from there!
    Flintstones theme also works nicely! (Since it’s based on a rhythm change), just not the B-part.

User Info Menu

Btw, the Aebersold backing track works better for me… it’s only marginally slower, but just enough to make my lines come out better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Btw, the Aebersold backing track works better for me… it’s only marginally slower, but just enough to make my lines come out better.
    Is that the one with the horns? I think that's the one I purchased and used but sped up by 30% in audacity.

User Info Menu

Is that the one with the horns? I think that's the one I purchased and used but sped up by 30% in audacity.
    Nope, no horns in there. It’s from Vol. 17 Horace Silver.

You know what, I’ll do a take over that one too :-)

User Info Menu

Nope, no horns in there. It’s from Vol. 17 Horace Silver.

You know what, I’ll do a take over that one too :-)
    Looking forward to it!

User Info Menu

At the risk of wearing you all out with my videos, I promise this is the last one!

I turned it into an Aebersold-challenge: can I keep it interesting when I play the whole track out? You’ll be the judge of that!

(I also squeezed the Flintstones-quote in somewhere ;-) )

Last edited by Little Jay; 08-13-2021 at 06:50 AM.

User Info Menu

At the risk of wearing you all out with my videos, I promise this is the last one!

I turned it into an Aebersold-challenge: can I keep it interesting when I play the whole track out? You’ll be the judge of that!

(I also squeezed the Flintstones-quote in somewhere ;-) )

Cookin' Jay! Lots of variety - never gets boring!

User Info Menu

Here's mine - first take:

We can say it now, this is definitely one of the best takes on this tune, unenforced, natural, unrepetitive... no prob :-)

User Info Menu

Here's mine - first take:

I agree with ragman1! A very good take! It has a certain understated coolness: very relaxed and nice melodic lines. I also dig your sound!

User Info Menu

There’s very nice stuff in there! Personally I prefer a little more energy in this song, but your approach is actually quite refreshing and original I think. Well done!

I love all the different approaches by everyone, isn’t music the most beautiful personal thing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Here we go. Had to rock out on this one, too. Probably shouldn't have, but the fable of the frog and scorpion and all that.

Some daring outside lines in there! But they always resolve nicely, which I like. More of a fusion-approach I would say. I dig it, well done!

User Info Menu

YEESSSSSSSSSSS!

I'll go for that!
    Yes indeed, that was very cool!!

User Info Menu

We can say it now, this is definitely one of the best takes on this tune, unenforced, natural, unrepetitive... no prob :-)
    I agree with ragman1! A very good take! It has a certain understated coolness: very relaxed and nice melodic lines. I also dig your sound!
    Thank you very much rag and Jay - very kind and much appreciated!