The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28
    I just recorded the worst blues guitar solo ever so guys can feel better about your playing, thanks for your help, my phrasing is getting even worse but I deserve it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Basshead
    I just recorded the worst blues guitar solo ever so guys can feel better about your playing, thanks for your help, my phrasing is getting even worse but I deserve it.

Basshead

This is my favorite playing of yours that you contributed to this thread. I noticed in your post #8 you redacted critical comments that you could not contain later on.

To me a big part of the blues is the question and answer concept. Play a phrase and then “answer” it. I have yet to hear that in the licks you have posted nor have I heard you “play the changes”.

I did not post any licks as I dont play licks at all, I never ever in my life memorized licks, If you listen to the worst guitar solo ever there is a couple of parts that I play something similar to a Herbie solo on youtube, I never transcribed that solo, its just in my head, same thing with the simpsons melody and the other Miles melody that I randomly play in that video... about question and answer, you are right, is good to keep that in mind.
    About the changes, in all my videos you can hear how I use the 3rd of the iv chord almost every time this one hits, I follow the changes with pentatonic and myxolidian ideas and some chord tones too every now and then, even with lydian dominants in a couple of parts, I like to use different approaches, just trying ideas to see how they sound, Im not interested in playing safe or copy someone else atm.

Cheers.