The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 65 of 65

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Oh, we want to hear you!

I just did this for fun... at least, I think it's fun

Great to hear you with a full backing for a change. Seems like you got a kick out of that little bebop lick you put in there...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bebop lick? Moi?

Where?

User Info Menu

Bebop lick? Moi?

Where?
    Right before your chuckle? Wouldn't that be a bebop lick?

User Info Menu

No, it was just a Bbm pentatonic blues thing, going down the pattern. It just about works over Ebm. But I chuckled because I thought it was getting a bit crazy. But fun :-)

User Info Menu

A bit lost in places

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ronstuff;[URL="tel:1130832"
    1130832[/URL]]Here it is folks! Trying to chill on a hot and humid sunday morning.

I love how smooth your Ibanez sounds. Are you using flatwounds? I know a lot of people like rounds on their semi, myself included.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ronstuff
    Here it is folks! Trying to chill on a hot and humid sunday morning.

tone is terrific and the overall feel is great. grooves despite the slow nature of the tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    A bit lost in places

Nice tone and a really nice delicate touch.

User Info Menu

Fep: both of your takes sound great. Love that edge-of-break-up tone

Ronstuff: really nice stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    I love how smooth your Ibanez sounds. Are you using flatwounds? I know a lot of people like rounds on their semi, myself included.
    I use Thomastik Infeld Bebop 12's. The lower 3 strings last forever and are really mellow. They have been on since last July and I just changed the top 3 strings a month ago.

User Info Menu

Ron, you got soul man...it shows. Great take.

Few, I really like this take on the strat. Relaxed, melodic...good stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    I wasn’t totally familiar with this tune but I’ve heard it before. It’s so beautiful I decided to arrange a chord melody. I imagine this is the music floating through my kids minds as they drift off to sleep.
    Lovely lullaby. Nice take.

User Info Menu

Alright - in the nick of time here's my take - first recorded take (after a week of practicing though). I still don't feel confident improvising on this tune but nonetheless:

Like always: any comments and critique welcome and appreciated.

User Info Menu

Yes!!!

Hey, Tommo. You've got the notes okay but I don't think you're feeling the pulse enough. I think that's why your heart's not in it. But don't desert it!

It's got to pulsate - one, two, three, one, two, three, etc. Kind of like riding a horse or something. It's internal, moving, pushing along. After you've got the rhythm in your blood you can mess about with the phrasing. In fact it'll happen by itself.

PS. You can play the Bb maj scale over Am7b5/D7#9 and Gm blues over all that Gm/D7 - Gm/D7 - Gm/C7 bit.

User Info Menu

Yes!!!

Hey, Tommo. You've got the notes okay but I don't think you're feeling the pulse enough. I think that's why your heart's not in it. But don't desert it!

It's got to pulsate - one, two, three, one, two, three, etc. Kind of like riding a horse or something. It's internal, moving, pushing along. After you've got the rhythm in your blood you can mess about with the phrasing. In fact it'll happen by itself.

PS. You can play the Bb maj scale over Am7b5/D7#9 and Gm blues over all that Gm/D7 - Gm/D7 - Gm/C7 bit.

Thanks for the tips ragman - will work on it