Bossa Nova has always been a fertile ground for jazz improvisation, from Stang Getz to Grant Green, passing through Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Herb Ellis, Barney Kessel and many others. As a Brazilian, I have no criticisms of the stylistic transformations that the genre underwent in its Americanization. I've played seven-string guitar in sambas and choros for some years, but currently I'm exclusively dedicated to the guitar. Kenny Burrell and Grant Green are perhaps my favorites and their solos are very intuitive rather than theoretical, in my opinion, especially Grant Green. Your version of Corcovado is a knockout. This is a style created mainly around the guitar, and his approach to jazz is something very natural. In this video I inserted the chord progression and its harmonic analysis, as well as a suggestion of scales based on Howard Roberts Superchops Method, witch I'm using to improvise. I plan to post a sequel as often as possible.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Practice improvisation using an approach based on major scales. That's the idea, and the only way I can grow in improvisation over chord changes. Sometimes it's limited, but the effort to make it sound the way I'd like to is a path to go. And I love this song.