The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 83 of 83

User Info Menu

Quite corny but fun to play
    Last edited by Peterson; 06-15-2021 at 04:47 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I suppose I better do something with this ghastly exercise :-)

User Info Menu

Here's a take, duo setting with my bass player buddy. Very informal and doing what were talking about in some messages earlier: Stretching and being loose, going for it and taking some chances. To make things even more spontaneous we called it in D last minute.
    You can even hear us call out a chord change variation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Hey what quotes did you hear? I actually didn't think about quoting anything, but a couple of the melodic phrases did seem to hit me as "not what I was planning to play" but just sort of came out.
    I thought I heard a little I Got Rhythm and Lester Leaps In, but I guess I should listen again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I thought I heard a little I Got Rhythm and Lester Leaps In, but I guess I should listen again.
    It's possible you did-sometimes we internalize some phrase or line and it just comes out like a lick. Some classic stuff of course is the source of the "licks" we learn. I have heard my self playing a bit of "Seven Come Eleven" on this, as well as the opening notes of "This Can't Be Love" and one other fragment I can't recall. So probably you did hear it. I'm kinda happy these are not coming from attempts by me to quote, but just percolating out from my listening. I guess that's a good thing?
    Last edited by lawson-stone; 08-28-2021 at 04:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I guess that's a good thing?
    I'd say Yes!

User Info Menu

here’s a RC. A trio version of Brecker’s Suspone. Shitty recording, but, well, warts and all.
    ‘Cheers!

User Info Menu

Here's a version of Dexterity I recorded a couple of months ago: