The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I like the Joseph Alexander books and bought his chord tone soloing for jazz guitar last night.

As I have just started it I thought that others might like to work through the book as well.

Any interest in a study group for the book?

Chord tone soloing study group?-518dmifsrul-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Hi all,

I like the Joseph Alexander books and bought his chord tone soloing for jazz guitar last night.

As I have just started it I thought that others might like to work through the book as well.

Any interest in a study group for the book?

Chord tone soloing study group?-518dmifsrul-jpg
    I have the book sitting here haven’t been able to open it yet but I could be down for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Looks good, but my to do list is pretty full at the moment.

User Info Menu

Cool Chris - I hope that you jump aboard

fep - this will be easy for you so why not give it a shot

I just add a good time improvising using the first three arpeggios with my son on bass.

Looking forward to the steeper learning curves ahead

User Info Menu

I'll take that as a no then

If anyone wants to join in let me know and I can start the appropriate threads. I'll keep going myself for now. I'm up to adding one of the three non chord tones of the preceding chord on the last beat to lead into the next chord.

Slowly, carefully...loads of fun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    I'll take that as a no then

If anyone wants to join in let me know and I can start the appropriate threads. I'll keep going myself for now. I'm up to adding one of the three non chord tones of the preceding chord on the last beat to lead into the next chord.

Slowly, carefully...loads of fun
    Started the first chapter this morning. Will get back to it later

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1yz
    Started the first chapter this morning. Will get back to it later

Very good!

I'm up to the 3-9 section where he says to play the first arpeggios for several weeks. I'm happy to hang here for a week or so before moving on.

Also since it's just the two of us, for the moment anyway, will we just continue to post on this thread?

Edit. I just played those 3-9 arpeggios just to hear their sound and they're very beautiful
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 05-11-2021 at 05:26 PM.