The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What would you think to add to this recording in process? Basically, the drummer sent me his video. I overdubbed a bass track and the added guitar. Next up, a horn, vocal, or even another guitar. What would you envision? This is the before track. I’ll post something in the coming days if and when I get another part added from someone else.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice collaboration. I would perhaps bring the percussion up a smidge, but that may well just be my aging ears. Nice piece!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Nice collaboration. I would perhaps bring the percussion up a smidge, but that may well just be my aging ears. Nice piece!
    . Yeah, I’ll remix when I get a 4th part. In this mix I had the “more me” effect going, but doubled

User Info Menu

Mark,

If you could help me fix my Zoom h4n Pro so that it doesn't freeze my computer when I try to sync it with my laptop's video player, I would LOVE to collaborate with you.

Not because I think I'm a top player or anything... I wish

More so because you approach improvisation completely differently than anyone else on the forum. I think I could learn quite a bit from a collaboration.

One day...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickingMyEars
    Mark,

If you could help me fix my Zoom h4n Pro so that it doesn't freeze my computer when I try to sync it with my laptop's video player, I would LOVE to collaborate with you.

Not because I think I'm a top player or anything... I wish

More so because you approach improvisation completely differently than anyone else on the forum. I think I could learn quite a bit from a collaboration.

One day...
    Thanks for the “differently than anyone else” comment, which is something I’ve wondered about and wouldn’t mind hearing more of why you think that. Why do you need to synch your zoom to your laptop? I do all the audio in a DAW and when the mix is done I synch the video tracks to the mix in a video editor. Other than downloading the file from the camera to the laptop there’s no synching involved between devices.

User Info Menu

Update. Here’s the “after” version of the same piece.

User Info Menu

Mark, you might enjoy this one-man-band video just for fun. I doubt you'll be covering this one any time soon, but it sure is well done:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Mark, you might enjoy this one-man-band video just for fun. I doubt you'll be covering this one any time soon, but it sure is well done:

. I loved this! Man, I’d quit jazz for good if I could do what Wolf does!! Sheeze!!