The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Hello
    I've listened the version of Ari Hoenig, that Jonathan Kreisberg played the guitar.
    But I am noob on 7/4,
    How could I approach soloing on 7/4 tunes?
    It seems weired for me that one beat is missing...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elan9661@gmail.com
    Hello
    I've listened the version of Ari Hoenig, that Jonathan Kreisberg played the guitar.
    But I am noob on 7/4,
    How could I approach soloing on 7/4 tunes?
    It seems weired for me that one beat is missing...
    Figure out if it's more like a bar of 4 plus a bar of 3, or a bar of 3 plus a bar of 4.

Then download the drumgenius app, and use the metrogenius (metronome) function to superimpose the clave over the 7/4.

The try to groove with that. I'd go with a one chord jam or something super easy first.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Figure out if it's more like a bar of 4 plus a bar of 3, or a bar of 3 plus a bar of 4.

Then download the drumgenius app, and use the metrogenius (metronome) function to superimpose the clave over the 7/4.

The try to groove with that. I'd go with a one chord jam or something super easy first.
    I didnt know that cool app! I had hard time to count 7/4.. It will be helpful! Thanks.
    I'll work as your advised!

User Info Menu

7/4s quite easy actually

Most Westerners feel it as an alternation of a bar of 4 and a bar of 3. So it’s a 4/4 bar grafted to a waltz bar.

7/8 OTOH. Pain in the bum

User Info Menu

Drum genius is great

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    7/4s quite easy actually

Most Westerners feel it as an alternation of a bar of 4 and a bar of 3. So it’s a 4/4 bar grafted to a waltz bar.

7/8 OTOH. Pain in the bum
    Thanks. I'm trying to feel that way!