The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 187 of 187

User Info Menu

I've met several great musicians that were indifferent to doing transcriptions, Mick Goodrick being one of them. But to my ears they all already had a thorough knowledge of the jazz language (or were extremely talented), so possibly there was no big need for them to transcribe.

For me, transcription has been the best tool available by far, a great way to improve by heaps whenever doing some.

Anyway here's a take on So What. Thought I would have a video somewhere already but didn't..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I've met several great musicians that were indifferent to doing transcriptions, Mick Goodrick being one of them. But to my ears they all already had a thorough knowledge of the jazz language (or were extremely talented), so possibly there was no big need for them to transcribe.

For me, transcription has been the best tool available by far, a great way to improve by heaps whenever doing some.

Anyway here's a take on So What. Thought I would have a video somewhere already but didn't..

Hi Alter,
    I stoped my coments here and anywhere and this is my last one.
    Really...very nice inteligent phrasing and playing.
    You build very jazzy interesting long lines.
    You harmonize very well with the backing track and feel the form of this piece very well.
    The excellent articulation on the Stratocaster makes it very pleasant to listen to.
    Professional timing.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter

I really enjoyed that, thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar

Comins GCS-1, Boss ME80 (adding a little lower octave), Little Jazz. Impressions, Dm, IRealpro, 210bpm into a KC150. Recorded with the phone camera and audio.
    Best so far.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Duh, whoops, here's mine. C and C always cool. Took me a full chorus to settle in...

Really loved this.
    Not only the fluency and energy of your solo but the tone of your guitar there, it's amazing.
    Is that just the raw sound of it inline?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vitorlds
    Really loved this.
    Not only the fluency and energy of your solo but the tone of your guitar there, it's amazing.
    Is that just the raw sound of it inline?
    Thank you!

Re: tone, im plugged into a Yamaha THR 10ii amp, which is sitting right on the tabletop, about a foot behind my phone, which is propped up against a can of beer.

The guitar is a Squier with a Fender neck. Its a screamer.

User Info Menu

can of beer being the secret ingredient

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vitorlds
    can of beer being the secret ingredient
    Absolutely. Better tone than a bottle.

User Info Menu

Here we go!

User Info Menu

Playing sounds good basshead! And I like the octave effect.

User Info Menu

Thanks Beaumont, is the octave fx on the microcube LOL just having fun with it.

User Info Menu

Just playing with it...