The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 114 of 114

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Very nice take with jazz feel.Beautifull sounding jazz box.
    You and that guitar certainly sound "happy together."

Dude seriously, listen to this versus your previous takes, and see how much better your time feel is here. All about that confidence.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    You and that guitar certainly sound "happy together."

Dude seriously, listen to this versus your previous takes, and see how much better your time feel is here. All about that confidence.
    Thanks. This is the first thread where I've tried to stick to improvising rather than learning something by heart and playing it. That line, btw, also fits over the second line of the tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    So I just posted this because I found a fun quote to use in the solo chorus, and came up with a couple ways to do the final 4 measures. Since I started working on this tune, I've had an "ear-worm" that I finally figured out and realized it could work in a solo. Since all the great players liked to quote things, here is mine!

No offense, but I can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

John

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    No offense, but I can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

John
    It's kind of pathetic, but I was so inordinately proud of identifying that quote "on the fly" and by ear, and all that, not from trying to analyze and match phrases. Kind of a minor musical breakthrough for me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    It's kind of pathetic, but I was so inordinately proud of identifying that quote "on the fly" and by ear, and all that, not from trying to analyze and match phrases. Kind of a minor musical breakthrough for me!
    Nah, quotes are great. All the cool kids do it. I caught it right away, and had a chuckle. Check out Sonny Rollins' Solo album - a regular quote-a-palooza.

John

User Info Menu

Lawson-stone,

I guess that means we are all so... happy together?

Did I get the quote right?

If so, that is so slick and tongue and cheek! That's like something Dex or Sonny Rollins might do!

Definitely caught my ear:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Nah, quotes are great. All the cool kids do it. I caught it right away, and had a chuckle. Check out Sonny Rollins' Solo album - a regular quote-a-palooza.

John
    You and me, me and you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

0:38 of Lawson-Stone solo start with phrase from Happy Together song.
    Very Nice!I noticed it when I've heard this take first time...

User Info Menu

Hello everyone. I’m going to play a little catch up because I really love the concept of this group. JGO has always offered a more substantial in depth community than social media pages due to its format, which I find very helpful.

Quick story of who I am, Brian from the Jersey Shore who now lives about half hour north of Philly in the burbs. I spent 20 years playing bass and always paired it with guitar but finally put down the bass a few years ago and concentrate solely on jazz guitar. Below is my first contribution. I look forward to hearing and sharing and you may give whatever criticism you would like. My self criticism is my terrible feel and always looking to improve it.

User Info Menu

Well done!

User Info Menu

Triple_Jazz -

Interesting. We must hear more of you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    Hello everyone. I’m going to play a little catch up because I really love the concept of this group. JGO has always offered a more substantial in depth community than social media pages due to its format, which I find very helpful.

Quick story of who I am, Brian from the Jersey Shore who now lives about half hour north of Philly in the burbs. I spent 20 years playing bass and always paired it with guitar but finally put down the bass a few years ago and concentrate solely on jazz guitar. Below is my first contribution. I look forward to hearing and sharing and you may give whatever criticism you would like. My self criticism is my terrible feel and always looking to improve it.

I like it! And I don't think your feel is bad at all. Welcome to the jam.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the nice words guys. Mr. B just wait long enough for my robot feel to come out. This is a tune I never heard of before January. I started playing with a bassist who recommended it and have been working on it last few weeks.

if I may I’d like to comment on some of the other posts. I was able to view a few before attending to the children.

Mr. B you add the perfect amount of tension, how do you know to spice just enough?!
    RPJazz you have a feel to your playing I long for, very nice job.
    Dutchbopper your video no longer available.
    Mitch you brought a piece of dirty Jersey I can fully appreciate!
    Fep, that was some smooth M’fn sh*t, I loved it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    Same recording with new background video:

Beat Rice (Beatrice) 2nd video, a new monument in Belgrade

My Band camp