The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well this is it, my friends!

Our wild journey through the eyes and ears of Garrison Fewell ends with a bit more altered spice, this time adding the #5 into the mix to give us the augmented triad.

After a couple of sample lines and an augmented triad exercise, GF leaves us with one more standard to add to our quiver: Lee Morgan's Ceora.

With all of the tools we need to tackle any progression, we should be jazz machines by now... or at least after practising this stuff for the next decade! But if we need more fresh meat to feed the beast, there is also GF's second volume, A Harmonic Approach.

Happy GFing, everyone... and Let's Do This.
    Fewell's Melodic Approach - Ch. 12 (The Augmented Triad)-chucknorristhumbsup-emil-p-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu

With all of the tools we need to tackle any progression, we should be jazz machines by now.
    Well, it hasn't turned me into a "jazz machine" but has helped me tremendously in my ability to play through changes without any major accidents.

User Info Menu

Go Dawg, go.

I'm hoping ch 8 is the crux of the book and it will be downhill from there... only time will tell.

User Info Menu

I still continue to peck away at this material. Thanks to all who have really dug in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    I still continue to peck away at this material. Thanks to all who have really dug in.
    Good to hear!