This is a mixolydian practice in the keys of Bb and Eb in seven different positions.
    Backing track with iReal app, recorded in Garageband.
    Hope it's useful! Leave you comments.

Mixolydian in 7 positions practice. - YouTube

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Hi,

This time, I tried to cover all seven ionian positions in the same video, gradually going from bottom to top along the fretboard. All positions are based on three notes per string (forms of play). It is not so easy to maintain fluency in each bar. So it's a good way to practice, avoiding just putting metronome on and go up and down the scale. It is not?

Mauricio.

User Info Menu

Sounds like the Kama Sutra

User Info Menu

Once in a while you hit notes outside of the scales. I would do more of that along with a variety of tempos. My chops always improve after a good work out with backing tracks so it's a good practice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Sounds like the Kama Sutra
    Lol, that wasn't the idea ... But, if it was what you felt hearing, fine! I hope you like it and tell your impressions about the other modes.

Thanks, Mauricio

Quote Originally Posted by bobby d
    Once in a while you hit notes outside of the scales. I would do more of that along with a variety of tempos. My chops always improve after a good work out with backing tracks so it's a good practice IMO.
    Yes, thanks for the suggestions. I intend to proceed with a specific playlist of modes.
    Mauricio