The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Here is Ex. 6.2.

There is free Amplitube software which works both as standalone software and as a plugin for a DAW. I use it as a headphone amp when practicing electric guitar. On this video, I recorded direct into the computer using the Amplitube software. For your viewing pleasure, in the middle of this video I inserted a screen capture of the Amplitube interface and settings I used. I used what I think is a Fender Super Reverb emulation and a couple of pedals.

It's Free!!

Last edited by fep; 07-21-2020 at 11:45 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Excellent, Frank!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Here is Ex. 6.2.

There is free Amplitube software which works both as standalone software and as a plugin for a DAW. I use it as a headphone amp when practicing electric guitar. On this video, I recorded direct into the computer using the Amplitube software. For your viewing pleasure, in the middle of this video I inserted a screen capture of the Amplitube interface and settings I used. I used what I think is a Fender Super Reverb emulation and a couple of pedals.

It's Free!!
    That was terrific Frank! I love how you made the solo your own. Lots of nice personal touches. And thanks for the tip about the Amplitude software (I think...).

User Info Menu

Very Nice Frank!

User Info Menu

Not my finest moment, but I just didn't have the energy to do several takes. So this is it, raw and right off the press. Time to move on. I enjoyed working a solo with the concepts from the book. As I said before, I feel the way I look at a solo (and the fretboard, for that matter) has definitely evolved working through this material. That said, I may have spent too long on this. I feel myself getting pretty bored with my own playing. Should have recorded this a couple of weeks ago and moved on, but my webcam stopped working and I just couldn't get around to ordering a new one.

I see I'm now two chapters behind. I hope I can make up some time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Not my finest moment, but I just didn't have the energy to do several takes. So this is it, raw and right off the press. Time to move on. I enjoyed working a solo with the concepts from the book. As I said before, I feel the way I look at a solo (and the fretboard, for that matter) has definitely evolved working through this material. That said, I may have spent too long on this. I feel myself getting pretty bored with my own playing. Should have recorded this a couple of weeks ago and moved on, but my webcam stopped working and I just couldn't get around to ordering a new one.

I see I'm now two chapters behind. I hope I can make up some time.
    Well done! Love the tone you get playing with your fingers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Well done, rlrhett! Some nice lines in there.