The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 61 of 61

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnzo
    Does your Musescore use ASIO for it's sound? I know ASIO drivers will grab your sound device and cause all sorts of issues. I've wrestled with it for years.
    Just checking now... yes it is ASIO using my audio interface driver. It's the same setting as in Reaper but Reaper doesn't cause the problem. But, the guy who started Reaper, from what I've read that guy has a reputation as some kind of genuis programer... and Reaper has a reputation of being very stable.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Exercise 4.1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Just checking now... yes it is ASIO using my audio interface driver. It's the same setting as in Reaper but Reaper doesn't cause the problem. But, the guy who started Reaper, from what I've read that guy has a reputation as some kind of genuis programer... and Reaper has a reputation of being very stable.
    There's your problem, if you can tell it use something else for it's sound, then that should fix it. If you aren't playing your guitar thru it, then it shouldn't matter I would think. Reaper is much more robust, like you said it's got some good programmers behind it. I've never liked Musescore, and liked it even less now they are charging subscriptions for scores posted online by other people.

User Info Menu

Here is Blues For Charlie. A bit rough but time to move on and try to catch up with the group.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Here is Blues For Charlie. A bit rough but time to move on and try to catch up with the group.
    Yes! That! Well done Frank! Lots of tasty stuff to steal here.

User Info Menu

Nice, Frank!

User Info Menu

I'm moving *much* slower than everyone else on this, as I like to get things under my fingers to the point where it comes out naturally in my jamming.

One thing I like to do along those lines is compose short numbers, record them, and add spacy visuals. This tune's head has a lot of lines that I developed from the book through the first part of Chapter 4. Near the end, at 3:03, I do a big triad and extensions lick, too. (The middle of the tune is a mix of pentatonic and ideas from Fewell.)

In case anyone is interested:

So, this is where I am. It seems to be under my fingers, so I'll start moving through the rest of Chapter 4 soon.
    Last edited by GuitarJay; 07-29-2020 at 12:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Lol, Spider Man crotch grabbing gangsta style.

The Go-Go Girls part was sincerely appreciated. Oh yeah.

User Info Menu

GuitarJay, thanks for sharing. Very entertaining.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJay
    One thing I like to do along those lines is compose short numbers, record them, and add spacy visuals. This tune's head has a lot of lines that I developed from the book through the first part of Chapter 4. Near the end, at 3:03, I do a big triad and extensions lick, too. (The middle of the tune is a mix of pentatonic and ideas from Fewell.)

In case anyone is interested:
    Yes. Yes I am.

Spiderman's dance isn't perchance from Napoleon Dynamite, is it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Yes. Yes I am.

Spiderman's dance isn't perchance from Napoleon Dynamite, is it?
    Good question! I'm not sure of the answer to that. It's been ages since I saw that movie, and I don't remember the details. That clip came from a site where creators put up clips for use in presentations, for use by VJs, etc. Pixabay.com is the site.

Cheers!