The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Hi everyone

Few days ago I had posted a take one improvvisation on "After you've gone" to obtain critics and opinion about my playing and style.
    Thanks to all for the advice

This time I've tryed to mix the bottleneck guitar tecnique with the Jazz music.

Let me know what you think about this experiment and about my playing.

Hope enjoy it!

Excuse me for my english, I'm from Italy.

Thank you!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice job. Is that standard or some type of open tuning? I'm a lifelong slide player, so I'll attempt slide on anything, even comping.

There is a great slide tradition that goes back to lap/Hawaiian playing in the 20s-30s that was applied to a lot of jazz standards of the day. It's not that big of a jump to using regular electric guitar. Quite a few great slide players today tackling jazz of all genres.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Nice job. Is that standard or some type of open tuning? I'm a lifelong slide player, so I'll attempt slide on anything, even comping.

There is a great slide tradition that goes back to lap/Hawaiian playing in the 20s-30s that was applied to a lot of jazz standards of the day. It's not that big of a jump to using regular electric guitar. Quite a few great slide players today tackling jazz of all genres.
    Thank you
    It's Open E tuning

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

User Info Menu

From another fellow slide player: really enjoyed that!

User Info Menu

Very nice. If anything, I'd feature the slide more - some tasty vibrato on the long notes.

User Info Menu

Very cool. For some reason, this instantly brought to my mind the playing of Leon McAuliffe, Bob Wills' steel guitar player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo

Early Derek Trucks Band for example. Sonny Landreth isn’t a jazz guitarist per se, but the dude can play some jazzed up blues.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice playing..very much in the western swing style tradition....lap steel and later pedal steel

open e guitar tuning is the tuning of jesse ed davis to duane allman to derek trucks

a great slide jazzer is dave tronzo...he was huge in guitar player circles when he first hit the scene in the 90's, but don't hear that much about him these days..tho he's still great

here he is doing mingus' fables of faubus

cheers