The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I've got quite a bit of Grant Green's stuff, but that's not a tune I'm familiar with... I'll have to check it out. Green definitely knew his way around a minor blues!
    It's from the Saturday Mornin' album, and it's an unreleased track I think, so I'd guess only later releases have it included.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I must confess I've not even looked at Three Bees yet, and probably won't for some time. I don't feel like I've come close to internalising the shapes and knowledge and application of what we've covered so far and I really want to do that before moving on. I will be keeping an active eye on the thread, but it may be a while before I post any playing... But this is in a good way rather than a bad way. It's just my learning style.

That said, to be honest, I'm not sure it's a good learning style to be burdened with. Sometimes simply pushing on can mean that the early lessons are reinforced, and become easier, anyway. But c'est la vie. I'm not bailing out, just treading a little water :-)

Derek

User Info Menu

You should be comfortable not only with the "shapes", but really the understanding/knowledge of how and why those shapes are being used over certain progressions is really just as important IMO. I think this learning path is really interesting, but trying to rush it when you haven't internalized won't do you any good. So take your time and move on when you are ready.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu

Here's a crack at 'Three Bee's'... I can't say it's my best work, and it gets meandery in spots, but it is what it is.

How is everyone else going?
    Very nice Jay and not meandery at all to my ears - good phrasing, too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by digger
    I must confess I've not even looked at Three Bees yet, and probably won't for some time. I don't feel like I've come close to internalising the shapes and knowledge and application of what we've covered so far and I really want to do that before moving on. I will be keeping an active eye on the thread, but it may be a while before I post any playing... But this is in a good way rather than a bad way. It's just my learning style.

That said, to be honest, I'm not sure it's a good learning style to be burdened with. Sometimes simply pushing on can mean that the early lessons are reinforced, and become easier, anyway. But c'est la vie. I'm not bailing out, just treading a little water :-)

Derek
    Voltaire would argue that perfect is the enemy of good... But that said, there's rush, Derek. Hopefully you'll keep chipping away at it and post your progress at your own pace.

User Info Menu

There's perfect. There's good. And there's not having a bloody clue :-)

User Info Menu

I'll add my contribution. I bought this book a few years ago. It was really eye opening... up to chapter 4. For some reason I sputtered out there. But we are still on Chapter 3, so here goes nothing! :-D

User Info Menu

Well done, rlrhett... Here's to getting past Ch 4 this time around!