The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 79 of 79

User Info Menu

I think Peter is such a player but this info needs a better, easier, detailed and slow explanation. Peter seems to be always under the effect of ten coffees.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

yea... I've always been GB fan...(and peter) Almost any jazz musician likes the typical Relative and Parallel relationships... who doesn't, it's the basic source for expanding harmony etc... Not magic. I like to think and hear MM as a Sub for Dorian, source for expanding with common II V chord patterns. Great way to make use of Blue Notes without that vanilla embellishment sound. Harmonic Min. as expanding harmony is old old school sound, still cool and we all use it, but can get vanilla.

So obviously expanding the relative and parallel secret approach with Modal concepts covers much better, but now we're getting too deep. peter could probable make almost any approach sound great..... Nothing like having technique.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rintincop
    I don't understand that diagram, how is that even a c major scale?
    As far as chord symbols go in this TAB, Cmaj and Am7 are both comprise of notes of the C major scale. So are F#11, Dm7, Em7, G7, and B-5min7. But a playing a G7 arpeggio will probably feel as if you’ve moved to the V and are going back to the I. The F#11 probably has too strong a tonality of its own (it’s possibly my favourite chord). Fun starts when you’re picking notes outside the major scale and still make it fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Nice Miko. But I'll like it if I can get more lessons on improvisation from you.