Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 251 to 257 of 257

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    That sounds really good. Girl From The North Country? (I really like Roots/Folk Rock music)
    Cheers, Fep. I don't think it was anything - just some chords and a bit of lead to demo the Ditto.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's my take on Elle.

• No improvising. I just played the head followed by the arpeggios (ascending and descending).
    • Backing track: Band In A Box. BPM: 110.
    • This rather simple looking exercise took a great deal of practice for me to get through the 16 bars relatively smoothly, cleanly, and consistently.
    • Like most things I play, it could use more work but I wanted to get something on record before we move to chapter 3.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    Here's my take on Elle.

• No improvising. I just played the head followed by the arpeggios (ascending and descending).
    • This rather simple looking exercise took a great deal of practice for me to get through the 16 bars relatively smoothly, cleanly, and consistently.
    • Like most things I play, it could use more work but I wanted to get something on record before we move to chapter 3.

I thought that sounded great. The arpeggios played up and down didn’t feel terribly exercise-y to me because your feel is solid. Nice work.

User Info Menu

Nicely done, losaltosjoe. Really clean, lovely tone, and a great feel. G F would be delighted!

User Info Menu

Here's my take on Elle.

Well played, you are getting a really nice jazz tone. The backing tracks sounds real good too.

User Info Menu

I agree on what everybody has said before: good job!

User Info Menu

Here's my take on Elle.

Sounds great, losaltosjoe. Looks like you've got those arpeggios pretty solid... I'd say it's time to let loose and start using them to improvise over the progression if you're not already.