Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

User Info Menu

Just a heads up about this book. I don't have a copy yet but from the samples online, it seems excellent. The transcriber, Chris "Doc" Stewart has put up a number of YouTube clips where he plays the solos along with MIDI file backing tracks:

The book mostly comprises tunes that didn't make the first volume along with transcriptions from live recordings. Here's a review by saxophonist, Steve Neff: The Charlie Parker Omnibook Volume 2 Review

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks interesting, but the one Amazon review of the C version is a bit alarming. Has anybody seen the book and is it properly transposed?

1.0 out of 5 starsSome tunes aren't transposed!
    February 28, 2019
    Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
    Very thorough and accurate so far. One problem: i got this in concert key and Night in Tunisia is IN THE WRONG KEY! It appears that it wasn't transposed from Eb alto for concert C. Not sure what other tunes are like this because i just purchased it, but I have to give it one star. The entire purpose of buying this for C instruments is so you don't have to transpose.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownguitarplayer View Post
    Looks interesting, but the one Amazon review of the C version is a bit alarming. Has anybody seen the book and is it properly transposed?

1.0 out of 5 starsSome tunes aren't transposed!
    February 28, 2019
    Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
    Very thorough and accurate so far. One problem: i got this in concert key and Night in Tunisia is IN THE WRONG KEY! It appears that it wasn't transposed from Eb alto for concert C. Not sure what other tunes are like this because i just purchased it, but I have to give it one star. The entire purpose of buying this for C instruments is so you don't have to transpose.
    The samples on the Amazon page are all correctly transposed so hopefully Tunisia is the odd one out.