The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    Wow Frank, that was terrific! The singing, the writing, the playing, the tone, the split video, the Howard Roberts sunglasses, even a picture of the dog... The only thing missing was a mic drop and walk-off.

You have set the bar very high. I'm glad I have a few more days to try and record something respectable.

Congrats on a great final!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb
    Well done Frank, that was great.

andyb
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

The singing... I shoot for not horrible

The writing... Just a little verse and melody so far. I think I'll write a song off this groove/chord progression/melody.

The Howard Roberts glasses... HIdes the bags under my eyes.

The split video... You might remember my trials and tribulations of finding free video editing software that wouldn't crash my machine. I found it, the software is VSDC which I am running on my laptop with no problems. I highly recommend this software.

The dog... my 11 month old puppy, Stella Blue

The bar... Ah shucks. We're all on the same path, learning and getting better.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well done Frank, that was great.
    Time for me to lower the bar then. Here is my vid of the Rummymelonman.

andyb
    Right on, that was great. Well done

User Info Menu

Last night I had a call from the man himself, he said he had been following the group and wanted to let me know that I was making real progress.
    We chatted for a while, he was aware of the time difference in the UK and seemed genuinely concerned he might be calling at a late hour. I asked about how to proceed after TTI volume 4, apparently there is a new DVD coming out that would be good, he did say what it was called but in the excitement I forgot it’s name.
    He also commented on Frank’s song, and said it was fun.

Others have said before that he is a genuine guy, with a desire to help beginners to progress. And that really came across along with a warmth and kindness that was touching.
    I have had a tough year with my sister passing away at only 57, and Dad having 2 strokes recently leaving him quite diminished and loosing his ability to read, one of his favourite things.
    Robert’s call has been a unexpected surprise that has really lifted my spirits, and strenthend my desire to do volume 4. Bring it on.

Andyb

Last night I had a call from the man himself, he said he had been following the group and wanted to let me know that I was making real progress.
    We chatted for a while, he was aware of the time difference in the UK and seemed genuinely concerned he might be calling at a late hour. I asked about how to proceed after TTI volume 4, apparently there is a new DVD coming out that would be good, he did say what it was called but in the excitement I forgot it’s name.
    He also commented on Frank’s song, and said it was fun.

Others have said before that he is a genuine guy, with a desire to help beginners to progress. And that really came across along with a warmth and kindness that was touching.
    I have had a tough year with my sister passing away at only 57, and Dad having 2 strokes recently leaving him quite diminished and loosing his ability to read, one of his favourite things.
    Robert’s call has been a unexpected surprise that has really lifted my spirits, and strenthend my desire to do volume 4. Bring it on.

Andyb
    What a great story Andy! Robert Conti's interest in our humble study group speaks volumes about him as a person, his mission as a guitar instructor, and his commitment to his students. I'm glad to know you will be joining us on Volume 4. There is so much more to learn!

User Info Menu

Robert Conti is with us and following this study group. I just had a great conversation with Mr. C myself. He was very encouraging and down to earth to talk to. He's going to put my little ditty on his web site.

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    My final project for Ticket to Improv. Vol 3

I play several choruses of my own with many of the lines influenced by Robert Conti. See if you can find them...

Great, Frank. Super fun video! Love that Tele tone on that ending. Congrats.

Here is my final video on "The Rummy!", a 16 bar head plus two 12 bar solos (bpm: 104).
    - Solo 1: My faux transcription of Conti's first 12 bar solo from "The Rummy!" (Bars 17-28).
    - Solo 2: A solo in the style of Duke Robillard by David Blacker called "Swinging The Blues" (Available on YouTube)
    - Notes: For this video, I opted to strum (vs pluck) the octaves.

My quick reflection on Conti's Ticket To Improve Volume 3 (The Blues!) is that I had more difficulty than I anticipated. For whatever reason I struggled learning and recording each of the 4 projects. Nonetheless, I came away with at least six new 12 bar blues solos and a couple of different chord progressions. Also the 16 bar head was a good exercise to practice octaves and string skipping.

So it is on to Volume 4, which I will kickoff in a separate thread early next week.

User Info Menu

Here is my post for the The Rummy

The Rummy

User Info Menu

Here is my take on The Rummy

The Rummy

User Info Menu

What's next on the Conti express ?

User Info Menu

Just want you guys to know I'm still around.
    Recording problems keep me from posting now. Looks like it will be my birthday before I have a new laptop. But I'm keeping up with the material. Enjoy the head for "The Rummy". It's good to have an attention-getting phrase like that to launch a series of blues choruses.

I reserve the right to post a video on this when I get the chance, though by then the group will have moved on to TTI volume 4.

I need to order that DVD....

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A
    What's next on the Conti express ?
    I will post a thread later today for Robert Conti's Ticket To Improv Volume 4 Project 1 (The Days of Wine and Roses).

I plan on post-dating the schedule a bit to allow folks to order the DVD and catch their breath in between Conti lessons.

Please note that I will be on the road for the next 2 weeks, so I will attempt to catch up when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A
    Here is my take on The Rummy

The Rummy
    Very smooth Doublea A!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I need to order that DVD....
    Hey Mark, Ticket To Improv Volume 4 has lessons for The Days of Wine and Roses, Wave, Bluesette, and Georgia On My Mind. Buckle up!

User Info Menu

I will post a thread later today for Robert Conti's Ticket To Improv Volume 4 Project 1 (The Days of Wine and Roses).

I plan on post-dating the schedule a bit to allow folks to order the DVD and catch their breath in between Conti lessons.

Please note that I will be on the road for the next 2 weeks, so I will attempt to catch up when I return.
    I'll be re-joining you guys with Conti Vol. 4. Love the tunes on that volume!

As promised, here is the link to our next project:
    Robert Conti TTI Vol 4 Project 1 (Wine and Roses)

User Info Menu

Hey Mark, Ticket To Improv Volume 4 has lessons for The Days of Wine and Roses, Wave, Bluesette, and Georgia On My Mind. Buckle up!
    I like those selections! Herb Ellis did Wine & Roses exceptionally well. It’s about time I learned that tune. “Georgia” too. “Bluesette” is a great progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk