The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29
    Fantastic, really a lot of information in there. I'm a beginner but I'd rather start out right. Still I think 20 minutes might not be enough for some subjects.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Love his livestream series on youtube, plays some nice solo guitar!

User Info Menu

Yeah this concept of not spending time practicing in a dry way is very cool, but I am immediately overwhelmed with the solution to it.
    Practice against a progression? Ok, but why this one? And what if the lick doesn't fit this one? what if Im practicing a lick in 5/4? And what other progression should I play over? and how often should one switch to them? If this is practiced to the iRealPro backing track or something, how is it not dry too in some way? God I hate all those choices and decision making. On the other hand, I hate being stuck in a bland disconnected routine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary
    Yeah this concept of not spending time practicing in a dry way is very cool, but I am immediately overwhelmed with the solution to it.
    Practice against a progression? Ok, but why this one? And what if the lick doesn't fit this one? what if Im practicing a lick in 5/4? And what other progression should I play over? and how often should one switch to them? If this is practiced to the iRealPro backing track or something, how is it not dry too in some way? God I hate all those choices and decision making. On the other hand, I hate being stuck in a bland disconnected routine too.
    Haha yes I understand your reaction. All of a sudden there are many questions to be asked and (perhaps) answered. Much different from just running a scale up and down the fretboard, maybe thats why most people practice more dry? Because it's in a way easier?