The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Between when this thread was previously active and now I have been listening to a lot of Jacob Collier. Both his music and his interviews/talks. I think his approach really fits into the idea of "hooked on chords of differing dissonance and how to "dial in" tension". Another part of his music and improvisations is the frequent use of unusual modulations.

Are you familiar with him?
    Oh yeah. Piano players have got the orchestra at their fingertips.
    Frankly, I'm SO glad my first instrument was the piano. I never learned to think in grips. Move one finger on a piano and you FEEL it. Yeah.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Oh yeah. Piano players have got the orchestra at their fingertips.
    Frankly, I'm SO glad my first instrument was the piano. I never learned to think in grips. Move one finger on a piano and you FEEL it. Yeah.
    Yes, I've recently gotten into the piano. I get the move the one-finger thing. I'll often wander around on the piano, moving voices around unaware of chord names—so much fun.

User Info Menu

Funnily enough I started on piano in high school and did it for a year or two. We currently have a keyboard on loan from the library and I'm playing a small bit of very easy stuff most days.

I've also been listening to a piano jazz ballad on Spotify while I do household duties for the last week. It's such beautiful music when played simply and melodically.

Jacob Collier bought out his Piano Reductions album but I prefer the playlist that I listen too.

Will we pick a tune to work on?

Preferably a ballad so that I can play solo guitar

Edit: The Nearness of You or My Funny Valentine maybe?
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 10-27-2022 at 11:39 AM.