The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 106 of 106

User Info Menu

Getting in late on this one. Don't have the (comping) turnaround down yet. Have to listen to the original for reference. And get used to playing in 3/4... ;o)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Sounds great. Thumbs up to the tone you're getting from your tele. How much do you roll off the volume?

I'm all the way down to about where 3 would be for my tone and about 7 for my volume on my tele. If I roll through the tone control, around 3 to 4 is where there is a dramatic tone change, above 4 on the tone control the change in tone is pretty subtle from 5 to 10.
    My general rule for Telecasters is.
    1. Turn both the volume and tone controls down to zero
    2. Turn the volume up to your desired level
    3. Turn the tone control up slowly until you hear a "gentle brightening"
    4. Play a scale or arpeggio that involves all six strings in a few different locations on the neck.
    5. Make adjustments if necessary

I made it a few years ago.

I also have a few other Tele Jazz videos up on YouTube.

User Info Menu

Still needs work but not god-awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Still needs work but not god-awful.
    Hi Mark -- I liked your take on Volume 3, Project 2B! You may also want to post this video over at:

The Blues! Robert Conti Ticket To Improv Volume 3, Project 2A

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    Hi Mark -- I liked your take on Volume 3, Project 2B! You may also want to post this video over at:

The Blues! Robert Conti Ticket To Improv Volume 3, Project 2A
    Doh! I posted in the wrong place again. I hate it when that happens. Thanks for setting me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    As other members have done, I have added a melody to the beginning of the exercise. I used the melody to Cannonball Shuffle. Following that is the Robert Conti solo 1, then the Robert Conti solo 2, and finally the last chorus is my own solo.I was interested to see how the Conti solos would work over a Texas Blues Shuffle. I think solo 2 works particularly well over a Texas Blues.The drums are a backing track, the rest is me.
    As part of working on Volume 3, the Bonus Project (The Rummy!), I've reviewed the entire Volume 3, Project 1 thread. So many inspiring videos! Frank, your incorporating Conti's solo over a Texas Blues Shuffle was terrific. It gets better each time I watch it!