Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 111 of 111

User Info Menu

Peter is an amazing player and teacher. I've been playing and studying jazz and guitar for 45+ years. Studied at Berklee '79-'82. I took 10 lessons with Peter about a year ago and I still working on the material. That's how much material he gives you to work on. No way I could keep up - had to stop so I could shed it all.

Lines (thousands and thousands of lines as Peters like to say), Technique, Picking, Unique Fingerings, Right and Left Hand Syncing, Chord Scales, How to Construct Lines/ Line Formulas so you can create your own lines, Blues, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Diminished, Mixo, Ionian, The Secret of 2 Chords, Super Imposing, Mixing all this in your improvising so you are not as Peter likes to say "PREDICTABLE."

All this material Peter teaches from his own unique teaching approach. I had not seen any of this material before presented like this - a completely fresh approach. Completely New Perspective. And... Peter is wired directly into George Benson. He has studied GB, studied with GB, and still connects frequently with GB as he continues to develop the GB Method with GB. One degree of separation - this is the real shit.

The lessons are taught from his private Facebook page with Facebook Live. Then the videos are posted to the page. You have access to all the videos for as long as you are a paying student. And you can Download the vids for your own personal use. Besides the lessons, Peter is firing off line after line after line. You will be transcribing for a long time. And since you understand his concepts for line creation, the lines are much easier to transcribe, understand, and play.

All I can say, these lessons opened my ears to a lot of new ideas - technique, lines, and harmony. Highly Recommended!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It's been over a year. There should be some documents.

User Info Menu

No sample lessons? I guess I'll stick with Barry Harris. Tons of material being supplied there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rintincop View Post
    No sample lessons? I guess I'll stick with Barry Harris. Tons of material being supplied there.
    There are free stuff on his Facebook page, great material. Its in a form of free Facebook live videos that are like 1,5 or 2 hours long. You can ask him question during live performance and he explains and demonstrates things without holding back anything.
    As for documents I've transcribed most of his stuff, I guess most of the students do the same. But, I don't want put anything on the web in respect to Peter. He wrote a GB method book and I think it will be a killer.
    As for Barry Harris stuff, they are great for most of the instruments I guess, especially piano. But Peter's stuff are absolutely the best for the guitar.
    I'm still in one of his groups and we had like 55 lessons. First 10 or 15 are about lines, picking and hands sync. Afterwards he shows application of those lines, rhythmic approach (incredible), importance of vocalizations, how to play different tempos, how to position your self as a player and many little secrets that he got from Benson himself.
    He teaches this system for a long time so the material is refined.
    I also took lessons with Big names and altough their stuff is great it's just not comparable to Peter's.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Yep, I have up to week 37. Looking forward to the books and GBI.

User Info Menu

Please tell Peter that I think a LOT of people ( including myself ) who love Benson would really like to buy a Peter Farrell CD with his Playing on it - the Benson Style and the effortless Style he played at Norman's Rare Guitars...

To enjoy and be inspired by - some Brazilian stuff / modern stuff / Trad stuff whatever...live stuff...

Reharmonizations of old *Kingsmen Tunes like Louie Louie ....lol .....

I am doing great with my Alt Picking but would love a Farrel CD for fun and inspiration.

*OK maybe not ..
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 04-12-2019 at 06:20 AM.

User Info Menu

I am interested in trying this, but haven’t heard much feedback lately. Has anybody else invested any time into this?

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jzzr View Post
    Bump
    I'm still in one of the groups.
    Definitely the best course I've tried. He shows and explains so many amazing things that I never have heard anywhere.
    Ask for details.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikostep View Post
    I'm still in one of the groups.
    Definitely the best course I've tried. He shows and explains so many amazing things that I never have heard anywhere.
    Ask for details.

Thx very much for replying. Are there any particular areas where you think you have made any significant progress? With all the material available, is it difficult to strategize an efficient practice routine with the material?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jzzr View Post
    Thx very much for replying. Are there any particular areas where you think you have made any significant progress? With all the material available, is it difficult to strategize an efficient practice routine with the material?
    Sorry for late reply.
    Most obvious thing that is improved after a year with Peter is that I can now sing what I play. This is actually very complex area.
    Also:
    1. left and right hand techniques are improved to the point that I don't think of it anymore.
    2. Rhythm, groove etc now is on another level because he showed us how to play and feel different tempos.
    3. Harmonic tricks he showed us are simply amazing. I tough I knew harmony, but man his way is so easy to implement while you play and it's so deep.

About the strategy.
    First 10 or so lessons are about left and right technique which is learned by playing major, minor, h.minor, m.minor and dom.diminished lines. You have to play this everyday.
    Everything afterwards is based on implementation of those lines within song content. He showed us how to construct 1 hour practice time per day and he states that if you only have 1 one per day it can be enough to make visible progress.
    The things he shows are actually not hard to understand and the beauty of them is in their simplicity. They are shortcuts to understand or feel something which are invented by true jazz masters. George showed them to Peter and he is showing them to us.

At least try with first 15 or so lessons and see if you like it, but be ready to stay with him for a long time because he's got a lot to offer.