The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Posts 901 to 907 of 907
    Completing the first part of this method, here are the final reviews.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Continuing, now lesson 4-A. Very tricky, did my best! Slow progress, but increasing scale shapes skills.

User Info Menu

For the last few days I've been adopting the Super Chops program on songs of my own choosing. Admittedly, I'm being a bit less strict about steady 8th notes or 8th note triplets to give me an opportunity to come up with lines and rhythmic ideas. But the foundation of what I'm doing is the Super Chops program. Feels good. Like getting back in the gym!

One more lesson. Feels more secure and choosing a little more the notes, but with some rhythm issues.

One more lesson. Developing the connection between the scales, but with some challenge in connecting the melodies naturally. This time I tried the scale approach on a song outside the book and with more freedom of lines. The result positively surprised me. What is interesting in this method is the approach on tonalities rather than using one scale per chord.

User Info Menu

Hi all:

I'm starting a new SuperChops session in a little over a week (July 5th), and I thought I'd check in here to see if anyone is interested in giving it another go. Check out the link: Howard Roberts SuperChops - Summer 2021 Group

Another lesson, and straigt ahead. Much more fluence on conecting scales, also more timing accurace.