The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 848
    Send message if you want to know it, not sure i can promote it here...
    Ken

[No problem, Ken. Here's a link: http://bebopguitar.richiezellon.com/ ]
    Last edited by MarkRhodes; 11-30-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: link added by moderator

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Anyone like the site?

User Info Menu

Where have you been, 007?

Welcome back! I will check the site out later.

I'm still here kid

Did anyone join this site?

User Info Menu

What site are we talking about?

User Info Menu

Looks like a good site, I'm busy with Barry Greene at the moment, nice playing on the clip though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    What site are we talking about?
    Pm'd you mark

Richie Zellon bebop Improv Series

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    Pm'd you mark
    Thanks. I checked out the site but only briefly----crazy busy today. But I'll get back to it. Have you worked with this material?

I joined 8.13.15
    A new module opens monthly, so I'm on the 3rd module.
    When I say it's a comprehensive Jazz improv site, that's an understatement!!!!
    It's truly remarkable..the time and effort he put into the videos, PDF's is astounding to say the least.
    ken

User Info Menu

I promised to check it out and after this thread popped up, I spent the 22 minutes listening to his video about the course. It looks very promising if one is doing the work - at least going by what he said and viewing the samples he gave of each portion of the course.

The price is very reasonable, too.

I wish I had the time....

Yes for premium member its only $200 for the entire year!!!!
    That's crazy!

User Info Menu

Does he have any sample lessons from the course posted anywhere? I watched his 22 min video and his 16 min video, they were both all talk, no lesson demo...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarplayer007
    Yes for premium member its only $200 for the entire year!!!!
    That's crazy!
    That's a good price for a year's worth of lessons. Actually, a great price, but then, given the number of pros who teach online, it's really about the going rate. I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm sure it is. But my bigger concern is with the time requirements. I manage to keep busy enough as it is! ;o)

Could you give us an inkling of how the course works? Perhaps you could contrast it with Jimmy Bruno's approach.

Yes, its a 1 year program with 9 Modules that open up monthly and each one build on the previous concepts learned.
    He teaches the 7 different fingerings, he uses the a 12 bar blues in the beginning then moves to more advanced blues with 2-5-1 in them. He has a Rhythm lab in each module, again building on the previous module. There are a total of like 28 Etudes that start out easily and get more and more complex with each Module.The etudes use the concepts your working on. He has something called Bebop Calisthenics which are amazing patterns showing how to approach the Arpeggios...again they start out basic and get more complex getting into enclosures and chromatic approaches. He has ear training in each module where you learn to sing certain parts of jazz grammar.Starting in Module 2 he has a video called Candy bars where he give you ready to use Bebop Phrases, in later modules he will give you phrases from some of the masters of bebop. The videos range from 3 minutes to 40 minutes depending on the topic. Everything is shown in create detail. For instance the bebop Calisthenics #1 has 12 patterns , he plays each one...Nothing is left for you to have to figure out.
    I used to belong to Bruno years ago as well as truefire, but I have never seen a site with such a logical progression to learn how to improv in the Bebop style.
    I'm just a member, I have nothing to do with this site, but I'm so excited I tell everyone you is learning Jazz to check it out. You can play less then the $200.00 I did the $200.00 because you get 6 skype lessons, but you don't really need them. So I think the other level is like $99
    Ken

User Info Menu

Yes, its a 1 year program with 9 Modules that open up monthly and each one build on the previous concepts learned....
    Thanks, Ken. That's a nice breakdown.

User Info Menu

The thing that struck me about his sales pitch is that he seems to say that his course breaks it down into small pieces that are manageable. This is very important in that one of my early problems was getting a manageable chunk of information. I always tried to go for too much and move too fast.

I blame you people here on this forum.

(Ha! Ha! Just kidding, just kidding )

But now, I have a lot of information and approaches that I understand and can pull from, and I just need a good comprehensive course that leads me by the hand, holding me back and giving me clear goals so that I don't become my own worst enemy.

If I ever get the time, I am tempted to give this a try. The concept guitarplayer 007 and the instructor describes sounds like its what I need.

Yes this course is the best, it takes you step by step, basically he's teaching you Jazz Grammar...and the price is insane...I was paying much more on Truefire

Yes this course is the best, it takes you step by step, basically he's teaching you Jazz Grammar along with everything else you need to become a great Jazz improvisor...and the price is insane...I was paying much more on Truefire

One other thing I really like is it's easier to stay focused on what your working since these modules open up monthly you can't get ahead of yourself. My problem was always staying focused because the internet pulls you in so many different directions. This time I'm not doing anything else for the next months but this amazing course!!!!

User Info Menu

There are actually a few great courses, I've belonged to this looks very comprehensive and reasonably priced. The only other ones I've look at and got a tremendous amount from are the artist works video exchange lessons, Mike Outram's electric campfire (just brilliant and if you haven't heard him YouTube him) and the Barry green, all are very different! I may give this one a go at some point in time too.

Yes I belonged to Barry Green for a while, but he doesn't teach anything in a logical order, but he is a great player and has a lot to offer...This class is like taking a college course...Like I've said Ive tried most of them..Bruno, Artist Works, Barry Green, Mark Elf, Truefire ...so far nothing compares to this...The time he must have put into creating this is amazing...so many detailed videos
    He also uses something called Intervallic Script which I never heard of before.

User Info Menu

Yes I belonged to Barry Green for a while, but he doesn't teach anything in a logical order, but he is a great player and has a lot to offer...This class is like taking a college course...Like I've said Ive tried most of them..Bruno, Artist Works, Barry Green, Mark Elf, Truefire ...so far nothing compares to this...The time he must have put into creating this is amazing...so many detailed videos
    He also uses something called Intervallic Script which I never heard of before.
    Unless my memory fails me, I believe he indicated that is was based on, or used in, college courses.

You are making it hard to turn away GP007...!

Yes he has taught at Several colleges I believe....I figure for $16.00 bucks a month and that's the premium member rate you can't beat it...And also offer 30 day money back guarantee. I know if you only want the online course without the 6 Skype lessons I think it's only $100
    ken