The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

Hope this comes through and turns out to be useful for someone. Hey, I didn't even know this was possible.

The patterns are actually written out for you in all 12 keys. Good for technique at the very least.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

thank you for giving me things to practice for my whole musical life.

HA!! Your welcome. Just felt like sharing. Yeah, it's an enormous amount of stuff. I can't believe that someone actually went through the process of compiling all of that! Can you even imagine? I know how you feel though. I have to get my practice routine straightened out and organized better. I'm overwhelmed with all the material that is out there actually.

The only advice I can give is "take it one or two at a time; concentrate on accuracy and trying to understand how the patterns work; don't look ahead at page 50 or something or you'll go nuts." Now I have to follow my own advice. (;

Oh, there's actually a lot more where that came from. I found a good jazz blog that has links to a whole bunch of sax-solo transcriptions and related stuff (all free to download). I'll see if I can figure out how to link it later.

User Info Menu

I think im going to print that all out and make a book out of that PDF. Thank you again

User Info Menu

oh they're great!
    yeah i might a print out of those.
    thanks for that.
    John

Thanks man, this is exactly what I wanted

User Info Menu

any more jazz books?

User Info Menu

Wow that book is great, thks a lot!

I might as well just link to the blog where I found this stuff, if I can figure out how to work this. I'm still new to the forum here.

User Info Menu

www.scribd.com

has many books to download....real books...technique books..amazing site...

time playing your guitar is wonderful time spent...pierre

Yes, I know about that one. Excellent site. I was just throwing out some more stuff to share with people. There is no shortage of resources for young people these days, that's for sure. I REALLY wish I had this stuff at 19. Back in those days: metronome, cassette tape, Real Book (volume 1 only and it cost!!).....

User Info Menu

Yea how bout it franco...when I started things we have today were scarce and if you could find them they were costly...

moneychords.com is another one and music.sc.edu is also great...

so many books so little time..........

pierre

User Info Menu

Pierre - thank you, that scribd site is sooooooo good.

User Info Menu

I'm one of the "older" players who have been there...

happy to share my knowledge ( for what its worth ) with everyone along with the others here that share knowledge..

this is a great site man..

time on the instrument...pierre

User Info Menu

thanks for posting....great idea generator!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah ive just been writing the intervals to this stuff down so I can apply it to all keys, as a quick reference.

User Info Menu

here is another small book that will help...

User Info Menu

Haha I am actually working out of that right now, are these patterns in a similar style?

User Info Menu

all technique postings on this site I am sure are jazz oriented or should be...someone else posted the John Coltrane book that is similar to the Ray Brown book here...I have both of them and you should download them...

these are at scribd.com

time with these books will get you going or help you along if you are on the road already...

Your welcome again. The Ray Brown is also very good. The only real problem for me, at least, is finding the TIME for all of this....Good luck and have fun.