The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

This is what I am talking about

Arpeggio:

Introduction to Jazz Guitar Soloing Chapter 16 & 17-screenshot-2019-01-15-21-22-15-png

This way the scale and the arpeggio get's aligned perfectly.
    Introduction to Jazz Guitar Soloing Chapter 16 & 17-screenshot-2019-01-15-21-33-54-png

By the way, this is by no means critique of the author or the book! It is a great book.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Fep, I notice that your thread index ends here. I think that is because you mentioned the group ran out of steam. Did you personally complete the book and do you feel the book is worthwhile having had time to reflect on it? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite
    Hi Fep, I notice that your thread index ends here. I think that is because you mentioned the group ran out of steam. Did you personally complete the book and do you feel the book is worthwhile having had time to reflect on it? Thanks.
    Only got half way through the book.

I've been wanting to continue the book. But yes the group kind of dissolved. Half way seemed like a good time for a semester break. Turned out to be a long break.

It is my favorite guitar instruction book, helped my playing more than any other. It is really strong on how to practice.

I think I do best with groups, helps my motivation and discipline.

User Info Menu

Thanks fep, yes I agree working with real musicians is always the best way, but it is not always easy finding other jazz musicians to play with. I too like the way this book is written. Most of my music friends are still doing the corporate events and weddings and whatever is left of the caberet circuit so I am pretty much stuck with backing tracks and books for now. I suppose I should be happy with the fact I am still around and still enjoying playing guitar. Many of my friends are not so lucky. Anyhow thank you for taking the time to reply to me. All the best, hope we can chat again soon.