The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I regard Barry as one of the great players of today, and have nothing but admiration for him. However, and I hate to say this, he talks and thinks too fast for me, and I don't always understand what he is saying. I just can't follow his lessons. It's not that I don't understand the theory, it's just his delivery doesn't work for me. All my own problem, of course. I wouldn't want or expect him to change. Could be an accent thing. If you read this, Barry, just ignore me! :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I downloaded a video slow down/speed up app for chrome for that very reason. It helps me slow down Barry and speed up Richie Zellon!

User Info Menu

What does he use as a fingering system? caged or?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicMillennial
    I downloaded a video slow down/speed up app for chrome for that very reason. It helps me slow down Barry and speed up Richie Zellon!
    Hilarious! Yes, Richie is the opposite of Barry in delivery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    he talks and thinks too fast for me, and I don't always understand what he is saying. I just can't follow his lessons.
    Well, Rob, I think you're supposed to pause, rewind, replay, and try it out. Even if it was a slower delivery that would still be necessary. Practically no one could get that level of instruction on the fly. I think he also provides written material too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillMbCdn5
    What does he use as a fingering system? caged or?
    It's CAGED, but not super strict. He favors "hybrid" positions, which shouldn't be a problem if you already have your CAGED fingerings down and roughly know how to connect positions.

I'd recommend taking advantage of the three day free trial he offers and using it to study the "Stepping Stones" series and "Barry's Basics" to see if his methodology is for you.

User Info Menu

Barry is going on live masterclass today, a good chance to get a clue what he’s about:

Facebook Live Tomorrow - 1/22/19Barry Greene