The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Well, the best at a reasonable price, mind you?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Why do you need a book on solfege? It's a pretty simple concept - doesn't seem to warrant an entire book to me. In school we just learned it by rote.

User Info Menu

Modus Novus is pretty much the mainstay.

It's all atonal though

User Info Menu

I recommend sitting through "The Sound Of Music"

Ear training core curriculum, graduated melodies, that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitas
    Modus Novus is pretty much the mainstay.

It's all atonal though

Oh, a serious answer. Thank you. Ok, it actually sounds like the kind of strictly intervallic-by-intervallic process that I'm looking for too. I will check into this further.

I think I may be better off with Modus Vetus first though.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Modus Vetus

Alright, it was a badly formulated question. My fault. Sorry.

Hard to find on old Italia. Any alternatives along similar lines?

There are no other sight-singing booklets at all? That's amazing!!

User Info Menu

This is the one I used in school, it does a good job but is expensive. You could probably find it cheap used:

Amazon.com: Sight Singing Complete (9780073127064): Maureen Carr, Bruce Benward: Books

And when you get a bit more advanced this is great and cheap (199 4 part chorales for $11, you practice each part so that's 4 * 196 = 794 melodies to sing):

http://www.amazon.com/Bach-371-Chora...1204664&sr=1-1
    Last edited by fep; 08-07-2010 at 02:17 PM.

User Info Menu

ahem, the correct number is 784 melodies
    Last edited by gordon; 08-07-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    This is the one I used in school, it does a good job but is expensive. You could probably find it cheap used:

Amazon.com: Sight Singing Complete (9780073127064): Maureen Carr, Bruce Benward: Books

And when you get a bit more advanced this is great and cheap (199 4 part chorales for $11, you practice each part so that's 4 * 196 = 794 melodies to sing):

Amazon.com: Bach / 371 Chorales / Volume 2 (Kalmus Edition) (0029156030891): Johann Sebastian Bach: Books

Alright, looks good. Thanks Fep.

User Info Menu

We used the Bach Reimenschneider in college. Divided the class into four sections...works so great and the music is stunning!!

Sailor

User Info Menu

What do you experts think about Dannhäuser's "Solfège des Solfèges" I, II and III, and Concone's "The School of Sight-Singing". Both are in public domain and can be easily and freely downloaded at IMSLP.

The School of Sight Singing (Concone, Giuseppe) - IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music

Solfège des Solfèges (Danhauser, Adolphe) - IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music

User Info Menu