The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not sure if such a device exist but I am looking for a thumbpick that fits over the top of the thumb and functions as an extended thumb naIl for playing single lines and bass notes as well as low chord notes. I have many thumb picks that play off of the side of the thumb ( like the position Wes would use if he played with a thumbpick instead of a callus on the side of his thumb), picks like Herco, Dunlop and others. What I’m looking for is a pick that will allow me to alternate pick single lines with my thumb, down strokes and upstrokes, without any other fingers involved in holding the pick. Anybody aware of such a contraption? I have used acrylic and gel nails on my thumb and they work great but eventually they wear down and what’s left of the nail is too weak and thin and takes months to heal. I just think it can’t be healthy in the long run to keep weakening my thumbnail and covering it up with Gel or acrylic. That’s why I’m looking for a thumbpick that can slide on and of and Play single note lines. Thanks for any thoughts.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Black Mountain thumb picks are the best for this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NSJ
    Black Mountain thumb picks are the best for this.
    I took your suggestion and bought Black Mountain’s jazz pick. Got the one with the comfortable spring tension and have to say it definitely is the best fitting and sounding thumb pick I’ve ever used. It’s still playing from the side rather than the tip of the thumb but until I find that elusive perfect pick this one will certainly work. I’ve tried a few Alaska piks and they did not work for me. Thanks.

User Info Menu

No experience with these beyond knowing they exist, but it says that they rotate..
    BUMBLEBEE Teardrop 3 Pack

PK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paulkogut
    No experience with these beyond knowing they exist, but it says that they rotate..
    BUMBLEBEE Teardrop 3 Pack

PK
    Thanks Paul I will check them out.

User Info Menu

I had some and they sit on the thumb like a regular thumbpick. I had hoped they might rotate to double as a flat pick, but that didn’t work out for me. Anyway they are just a few bucks, worth a try.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk