The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    It was a joke.

Returning to the thread topic, the J C Stylles you know for his Benson picking (another twilight zone for threads) is not the same as the OP. The real Stylles posted under the name JC Stylles, but has not been seen for three years. The OP is an imposter.
    it took me literally 30 seconds to google jc stylles and stage fright. what is wrong with you people??

stage fright

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    it took me literally 30 seconds to google jc stylles and stage fright. what is wrong with you people??

stage fright

What have you discovered? Three years ago, the real J C Stylles announced he would soon be providing a Tutorial on overcoming Stage Fright. But the OP is not the real J C Stylles. The real J C Stylles has a website and a Wikipedia entry. He does not need a dodgy site with a Cook Islands address, or your email address.

User Info Menu

What have you discovered? Three years ago, the real J C Stylles announced he would soon be providing a Tutorial on overcoming Stage Fright. But the OP is not the real J C Stylles. The real J C Stylles has a website and a Wikipedia entry. He does not need a dodgy site with a Cook Islands address, or your email address.
    you mean cook islands like in australia, where our esteemed collegue recently moved back to?

User Info Menu

The Cook Islands is a self-governing country in the South Pacific Ocean, politically in free association with New Zealand. The distance between the Cook Islands and Australia is 6,745 kilometers (4,191 miles).

User Info Menu

The Cook Islands is a self-governing country in the South Pacific Ocean, politically in free association with New Zealand. The distance between the Cook Islands and Australia is 6,745 kilometers (4,191 miles).
    so you're saying that some master criminal went through the whole forum and found jc's posting from 2020. the scammer then made a fake website about stage fright pretending to be him, in order to harvest a handful of mailadresses? nice job, sherlock.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    so you're saying that some master criminal went through the whole forum and found jc's posting from 2020. the scammer then made a fake website about stage fright pretending to be him, in order to harvest a handful of mailadresses? nice job, sherlock.

You wrote, "it took me literally 30 seconds to google jc stylles and stage fright. what is wrong with you people??". The fake Stylles would not need much time to find a stage fright reference, create a fake profile and link to the website.

The website is a quick-and-dirty setup provided by Convertkit, the makers of the email marketing software, to all those who sign up.

Scammers need email addresses and names.

The real Stylles would have used his real profile, as we real forum members do.

I could be wrong. You can prove me wrong by submitting your name and email address. You can find out what happens next.

User Info Menu

...The OP is an imposter.
    ...I could be wrong...
    It's one thing to raise questions or express concern, it's another to condemn without proof.

I did indeed- My old computer went down and lost my log-ins-so had to re-register. There is another thread in here on Stagefright with some good solid information already available that would be helpful to many on a certain level. My Tutorial is for those who might have followed all those tips and still find that they are having issues.

For the "why don't you just tell us here" champions-It would be nice if it were that simple, but the study I did was extensive, expensive and intensive over long hours, days and then years. Those insights can't be summed up in a paragraph, because there is preparational understanding that has to come first. Additionally, if it is all too much work to follow through with your details so you can recieve more info, then it follows that it is highly unikely that you would be prepared to follow the directions and the exercises involved for me to help you beat it either. So, it works well in that it eliminates wasting time on both our parts.

There is a lot of solid information in the previous stagefright thread. If you have followed through with that and you are still having issues that you can't seem to resolve when it comes time to do your best on stage, then it might be time to tackle it head on with a new approach. But that requires some work and a commitment on the participants part for both our sakes. I wouldn't have wasted my time in putting all this together if I didn't believe in the results...based upon what it did for me way back in 1997 when it completely beat the issues I myself was struggling with.

JC Stylles

You are very correct in what you posted. I haven't posted in about 3 years due to the upheaval of "you know who" we all had to contend with. I had been meaning to get this together during the shutdown, but just kept getting sidetracked. My usual computer with my saved logins went down, so I just re-registered in order to post.

Sorry about the confusion. Having to get out of NYC due to the precarious nature of the shutdown side-affects that was affecting my family caused a neccesary downsizing, where I had to just let many other possessions go before they shut down international traveling. Backup books with passwords got misplaced, and my regular computer finally went to sleep. I have been performing back in Australia, and only just starting to get back out on the road again now. Was supposed to be in San Jose, NYC and Michigan for performances later this year, but can't honour them currently either due to the curveball that was thrown and the run off effect of it I am still dealing with. Will be in Sydney next month, then Melbourne, then New Caledonia and New Zealand later on this year, before a tour with Detroit pianist Kirk Lightsey now based in France around Oct/Nov if everything lines up.

JC Stylles

User Info Menu

Insert apologies here: ______.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    It's one thing to raise questions or express concern, it's another to condemn without proof.
    I had valid grounds for concern. It appears I was wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    Insert apologies here: ______.
    I do not need you to tell me to apologise.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JC2023
    I did indeed- My old computer went down and lost my log-ins-so had to re-register. There is another thread in here on Stagefright with some good solid information already available that would be helpful to many on a certain level. My Tutorial is for those who might have followed all those tips and still find that they are having issues.

For the "why don't you just tell us here" champions-It would be nice if it were that simple, but the study I did was extensive, expensive and intensive over long hours, days and then years. Those insights can't be summed up in a paragraph, because there is preparational understanding that has to come first. Additionally, if it is all too much work to follow through with your details so you can recieve more info, then it follows that it is highly unikely that you would be prepared to follow the directions and the exercises involved for me to help you beat it either. So, it works well in that it eliminates wasting time on both our parts.

There is a lot of solid information in the previous stagefright thread. If you have followed through with that and you are still having issues that you can't seem to resolve when it comes time to do your best on stage, then it might be time to tackle it head on with a new approach. But that requires some work and a commitment on the participants part for both our sakes. I wouldn't have wasted my time in putting all this together if I didn't believe in the results...based upon what it did for me way back in 1997 when it completely beat the issues I myself was struggling with.

JC Stylles
    It appears I was wrong. I apologise.

It appears I was wrong. I apologise.
    All good- not necessary. You were right to ask the question...I would have myself, and have done so and more in the past. If anyone needs to apologize, it is me for being a doofus and losing my old login causing this hiccup.

If you find the post simply stated I think "Stage Fright" from a while back, you will see I pre-empted that I was working on getting this together for those who needed it addressed. My old computer was still working then, but now I have to go under JC2023. In any case, the purpose of this post is to let you know if all the other good advice about breathing, preparation etc still hasn't resolved the issue for you...like it hadn't for me at the time...and you DO want to deal with it, then I got you. Some prep is required, but you will be good to go with the formation of a new daily 5 minute routine. I could and should have made this available ages ago. It was only in the last few years prior to the C---d shutdown, dealing with guys doing regular gigs in NYC who confided in me that they still struggled with nerves getting in the way of them playing their best on stage. I realized this issue was bigger than I thought.For those still battling nerves when they play live on stage...-screen-shot-2023-05-29-2-59-17-pm-png

Here's a screenshot of an old photo that just popped up on my computer of me and some guiar players you might know ( see how many you do) of me with a caterpillar on my face as a confirmation.

Regards,
    JC Stylles