The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I quite like the limitation of just using a pick. Accepting a limitation can force you to be creative sometimes.
    "In der Beschränkung macht sich erst der Meister"—Goethe

"In limitation best is the Master manifest"

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Peter Woodford, I think.
    Yes (?). I wasn’t paying much attention to the Tonight Show bands once I graduated from high school (which was two years after Skitch Henderson returned). For my last two years living at home, the regular rotating guitarists were Gene Bertoncini and Bucky P. When I went to college, I didn’t watch much TV. And when Carson moved the show from NY, I lost track of the band’s members.

Could that have been Bob Bain? I don’t remember ever seeing Woodford with a Fender. But Bain did play solid bodies as well as archtops - Fender even had a Bain signature Tele. I didn’t remember what Woodford looked like, and my memories of Bain are of a much bigger looking guy. The few pics of Woodford on the web don’t really look like that player in the video either.

User Info Menu

I did some online research some time ago and, by a process of elimination, arrived at Woodford. The other contenders looked very different.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller

So I want something that can deal with a wide spectrum of mission profiles.
    Love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Yes (?). I wasn’t paying much attention to the Tonight Show bands once I graduated from high school (which was two years after Skitch Henderson returned). For my last two years living at home, the regular rotating guitarists were Gene Bertoncini and Bucky P. When I went to college, I didn’t watch much TV. And when Carson moved the show from NY, I lost track of the band’s members.

Could that have been Bob Bain? I don’t remember ever seeing Woodford with a Fender. But Bain did play solid bodies as well as archtops - Fender even had a Bain signature Tele. I didn’t remember what Woodford looked like, and my memories of Bain are of a much bigger looking guy. The few pics of Woodford on the web don’t really look like that player in the video either.
    it's Woodford, yeah Bain is stockier