The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 109 of 109

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    Meaning your point? I'm not writing it off. You were the one who created the unnecessary disagreement not me remember? A few posts ago?
    Yes. Your statements are always the most appropriate.
    You are obsessed with the word 'Theory'.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You're obsessed with the word theory. It causes you to post compulsively and be unnecessarily argumentative.

User Info Menu

You're obsessed with the word theory. It causes you to post compulsively and be unnecessarily argumentative.
    Because you are the theorist and I am the practitioner.

User Info Menu

More false insults caused by your complexes. What is your deal? You'd think you were like 15.

User Info Menu

More false insults caused by your complexes. What is your deal? You'd think you were like 15.
    When I was 15, I practiced the double bass a lot and played in the school orchestra.
    I had no idea about the theory...
    Pure practice.
    Cool times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I don't really think about theory when I practice everything/arps,scales etc/.
    .I watch TV and practise.
    I think the TV is a vastly underrated practice tool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersoul
    I think the TV is a vastly underrated practice tool
    Contrary to appearances ... it is a very good tool to work on concentration.

User Info Menu

I did a test once. I picked out about 6 bluegrass licks. I would play them by route as I watched TV. I did it for a year. I must of played those licks at least thousands times. 2 to 3 hours a day. As soon as I stoped practicing them they disappeared super fast. I decided TV is not useful for practicing anything seriously. Maybe for just keeping some chops going, and if you are watching it anyway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    I did a test once. I picked out about 6 bluegrass licks. I would play them by route as I watched TV. I did it for a year. I must of played those licks at least thousands times. 2 to 3 hours a day. As soon as I stoped practicing them they disappeared super fast. I decided TV is not useful for practicing anything seriously. Maybe for just keeping some chops going, and if you are watching it anyway.
    Lately I don't watch TV at all and practise less.