The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

ok, I played one or two of them in here…

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful - I listened to it twice through! And what's wrong with Cowboy chords? Music is all about expression and communication, so if the voicing of the cowboy chord works and sounds pleasing to the ear, then why not. I have a fingerpicked and vocal version of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" that is mostly played in the first position and uses some open strings. Still has Dim, 6th and 7ths, but I have yet - and I mean yet, to find a better place to play it on the neck. I also have a version of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" (also fingerpicked and sung) where I actually use a capo to get what I want out the arrangement in the key I sing it in. Can't do this one on the 7 string. Not necessarily "jazz" per se, but I'd like to jazz it up a little bit while staying true to the original, because it's a beautiful tune in its original form.

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with cowboys as long as they keep their working hours (and religious mumbo-jumbo) to themselves

User Info Menu

You didn’t use a capo tho so it doesn’t count

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    You didn’t use a capo tho so it doesn’t count
    Curses! Foiled again….

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Nothing wrong with cowboys as long as they keep their working hours (and religious mumbo-jumbo) to themselves
    Now cowboy COFFEE is whole another thing, unless you prefer your java girlie-style

User Info Menu

I hesitated citing Kent and his coffee (and plenty of other deliciousness)

EDIT: my earlier comment was based on what I gleaned from his videos.