The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Not affiliated with the website, just a big fan of Kleijn and the My music masterclass series
    It's available today, ahead of their official launch this weekend. Lot's of great stuff in there!

https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/p...bulary-bundle/

Topics Covered: Jazz Guitar, Chords, Voicings, Drop 2, Moving Shapes, Tensions, Upper Structures, Etc.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I purchased the MasterClass series by Andy Brown. It was very thorough!

User Info Menu

So many gems on that website, love this video series by DK, will keep me busy practicing for another few months

Quote Originally Posted by Jforman273
    So many gems on that website, love this video series by DK, will keep me busy practicing for another few months
    Same here, i'll try to record something this week and post it here to show some of the techniques explained in the class. Really opens op my understanding of harmony! I just wished my fingers were a bit longer!!

User Info Menu

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfuwS6X..._web_copy_link

some of the sounds that you can get from this approach!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I purchased the MasterClass series by Andy Brown. It was very thorough!

1:28

“So many solo guitarists play out of time, you know, they … we all love to play rubato. Guitar players do this to much. Rubato for the audience who is not a guitar player becomes very tedious, very sleepy, very fast. If you play a chorus out of time then make sure you play another chorus in time. So when you’re finishing up a rubato chorus of a tune … [plays rubato] … in time now!”

+1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head

“So many solo guitarists play out of time, you know, they … we all love to play rubato. Guitar players do this to much. Rubato for the audience who is not a guitar player becomes very tedious, very sleepy, very fast. If you play a chorus out of time then make sure you play another chorus in time. So when you’re finishing up a rubato chorus of a tune … [plays rubato] … in time now!”

+1
    amen

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head

+1
    It's hard though!!!