The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There’s no one “best” or “right” way to do it, but there are ways to find better practices that will fit your style, taste and hand geometry. I’m a believer in variety and only through constant experimentation come real evolution. Picking development is like survival of the fittest- eg. whatever works to play a certain phrase or cut a gig THATS what we wind up using again and again. It survives while other approaches do not. But rather than locking in to that one “go to”, keep the curiosity happening and keep experimenting.
    Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 05-30-2021 at 01:39 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    There’s no one “best” or “right” way to do it, but there are ways to find better practices that will fit your style, taste and hand geometry. I’m a believer in variety and only through constant experimentation come real evolution. Picking development is like survival of the fittest- eg. whatever works to play a certain phrase or cut a gig THATS what we wind up using again and again. It survives while other approaches do not. But rather than locking in to that one “go to”, keep the curiosity happening and keep experimenting.
    Also please see my post about the Pluck-Relax stroke. It is fundamental.
    The Pluck-Relax Stroke

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MatsP
    Also please see my post about the Pluck-Relax stroke. It is fundamental.
    The Pluck-Relax Stroke

. I replied to your thread which you mention but have little grasp of how this might be applied to plectrum playing. Please provide a demonstration. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you.

User Info Menu

here’s a short video I recorded this morning with some right hand closeup camera angle to further show what I’m talki mg about with grip variations. Thanks for watching

User Info Menu

There is one universal way to get some form of stability in your plectrum grip, though, and that is curling your index finger so that it runs across the back of the plectrum.

User Info Menu

... Thanks for watching ...
    Thanks for posting. I am a big fan of your playing.