The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There aren't many guitarists who play electric guitar with their right hand fingers so well without a pick.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I've admired his technique ever since I first saw him on YT a couple of years ago. Notice how he shifts his hand position for fast (or should I say faster) lines. His fingers are placed more perpendicular to the fret board and are fairly straight. This is how I was taught "picado" when I was learning Flamenco many years ago.

Anyway, his right technique is pretty damn interesting and very impressive. I have not seen anyone else play finger style electric guitar using this kind of shifting hand position. I'm sure somebody else does, but I haven't seen it.

User Info Menu

When you listen to his playing, it gives the impression that he is playing guitar with a pick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    When you listen to his playing, it gives the impression that he is playing guitar with a pick.
    Agree.
    It amazes me to see him play.

User Info Menu

He seems to use a two finger picado technique at times. Very interesting.

User Info Menu

Kris, thanks for posting this.
    I didn’t know who he was until I saw a video where Al DiMeola was raving about him. Then I saw another video and Steve Vai was raving too.
    Then I watched him and I haven’t stopped watching him since. Incredible.
    The next generation is upon us.
    JD