The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11
    Hi!

Here is video where I play 5 licks out of 30. IMO there is no certain style that these licks comes from but I think they work in creative situation. What do you think?

Kindest, Mikko

Lähetetty minun SM-A405FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes I think they are usable (and they're beautiful). I think they are long but would be good to practice and hope that pieces of them and variations of pieces would come out in my playing. Why practice arpeggios or scales if you could practice something like this instead?

They may be too difficult for me, I'd have to try them and probably play them slow.

Also, that is a beautiful tone and I'm wondering how you get that tone. Impulse response?

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Yes I think they are usable (and they're beautiful). I think they are long but would be good to practice and hope that pieces of them and variations of pieces would come out in my playing. Why practice arpeggios or scales if you could practice something like this instead?

They may be too difficult for me, I'd have to try them and probably play them slow.

Also, that is a beautiful tone and I'm wondering how you get that tone. Impulse response?
    Thank you very much!
    Yeah, some of them are a bit long to be a lick but I tried to make them musical and inspiring.
    Guitar was plucked into zoom and I add some camera mic to it.
    You can get all those 30 licks transcribed, tabs, notation picking directions from my page
    </title>
    <link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="https://www.finnpick.com/xmlrpc.php" />

<title>Finnpick – Handmade Picks with Character

Here is little snippet video for the ebook

Kindest, Mikko

User Info Menu

beautiful as always, mikko

cheers

User Info Menu

I must not understand what a "lick" is. Those seemed more like four bar sections of songs rather than "licks."

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    beautiful as always, mikko

cheers
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    I must not understand what a "lick" is. Those seemed more like four bar sections of songs rather than "licks."
    You are right! But maybe there is licks or ideas for licks inside these sections.

User Info Menu

Amazing

User Info Menu

Usable licks? Whatever they are, they sound damn nice.

Quote Originally Posted by eh6794-2.0
    Amazing
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Usable licks? Whatever they are, they sound damn nice.
    Thank you my friend!