User Info Menu

Well I'm working on a one man project that's gonna be a mixture of Thrash metal mixed and woven in with the blues. I was wondering if a sound like that would be more suited to half step or whole step tuning in accordance to keys that are normally easily accessed in those tunings. Guitar ringtones
    As well, I wanted to know your preferences.
    Sadness Guitar tones
    Last edited by Ohhenry97; 10-26-2020 at 05:23 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhenry97
    Well I'm working on a one man project that's gonna be a mixture of Thrash metal mixed and woven in with the blues. I was wondering if a sound like that would be more suited to half step or whole step tuning in accordance to keys that are normally easily accessed in those tunings. As well, I wanted to know your preferences.
    A project like that might not require any tuning at all.

User Info Menu

Go lower!

User Info Menu

for metal go d..and use slightly thicker stainless steel or cobalt strings...hit the distortion pedal and shake things up..or down

cheers

User Info Menu

My son was visiting this weekend, camping in our back yard and masked up/ social distancing all the time. He was tuned to D standard for all our jams. He was mostly capo’d on II the whole time - we were playing fiddle tunes and bluegrass standards. This response has almost no relevance to the OPs question.....

User Info Menu

Tune down to B and capo at the first fret for some low C tuning grindage.

User Info Menu

I think D flat is better. however, you can try to follow the pentatonic scale notes. It will work