The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 59 of 59

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jhui
    After giving it some thought, I will start from the beginning. I guess it makes more sense, since the patterns increase in difficulty as you progress with the book.
    Welcome a board! Looking forward to hear, whether it’s the old threads or the new ones.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Finishing may with some messing around with pattern 36.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWasser
    Finishing may with some messing around with pattern 36.

Great! Just goes to show that it doesn't take much to go from an exercise to something that starts sounding like music.

Once we get past this next round of scale sequences, it looks like we start getting into some interesting pentatonic ideas. I hope you'll sick it out. I enjoy your contributions.

User Info Menu

Trying to hit all the shapes on these ones.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Great job!. Very smooth and even sounding. I especially liked 24 over the backing track.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry
    Great job!. Very smooth and even sounding. I especially liked 24 over the backing track.
    Thanks! It's worth mentioning that I got myself a xenyx mixer, so now I can record straight from guitar and it has improved the sound quality of my clips. I still need to experiment more with that. Anyways, here are 28-30:

Patterns For Jazz - 29 (112 BPM) by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Patterns For Jazz - 30 (112 BPM) by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Last edited by Jhui; 08-12-2019 at 12:50 AM.

User Info Menu

Great job, Jhui. A lot of hard work represented in that. Congrats and thanks for keeping this May thread going!