The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

What name for the method in the JB Sound Check? It must be common since I learned that on the web years ago.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Almost all of my electrics have locking tuners. It saves a huge amount of time in changing strings and results in a lot less string related injuries.

User Info Menu

I've been playing for almost 60 years, never with locking tuners, and I've never had, nor heard of, a string-related injury. I must be incredibly lucky.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I've been playing for almost 60 years, never with locking tuners, and I've never had, nor heard of, a string-related injury. I must be incredibly lucky.
    Others aren't so lucky....

User Info Menu

One wrap over, 3 under. I don't think I've ever had a string slip at the tuning peg.

In my opinion, the "Frank Ford" locking string thing is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, and just makes stringing and unstringing your guitar harder.

As for wrapping the strings all the way down...no. Unless you need more break angle.

A lot of problems that people think are caused at the tuners could be fixed by adjusting the nut or bridge.

User Info Menu

I did the "Frank Ford" thing back in the day, when using .010's and playing in rock bands and bending a lot. I did think it helped.

No need for it now. "Once round the pole, right through the hole, tune it up right, play all night."