The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

The stylus pick can be INFURIATING. But I could tell after playing with one for 5 minutes, that it would work, if I put in the time.

Still looking for the time

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mark! Quit thinking about your right hand! It's still January. There's time to salvage the New Year's resolution. Don't make me fly to Florida for an intervention.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morroben
    Mark! Quit thinking about your right hand! It's still January. There's time to salvage the New Year's resolution. Don't make me fly to Florida for an intervention.
    Ha! The resolution was to stop changing the way I grip the pick. I haven't changed that. The Stylus Pick is not about gripping. (Or, you can grip it any way you like.) It's about training one to play on the very tip of the pick. (If you dig in, the pick catches on a string and stops you cold.)

User Info Menu

I personally use the Black Ice picks. They're 1.5mm thick and pretty small. I love them and don't have this problem. But TBH I'd have to see how you're currently holding it and would also have to hear an example to say whether or not it's really getting in your way.

My prescription without knowing exactly what you're doing, is to start off really slow and turn up your metronome a couple clicks every day or every few days and eventually you'll find that you're playing fast and aren't hitting any flesh on the strings.

But also remember that speed is not even close to being everything.