The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 105 of 105

User Info Menu

I wonder how would Larry Carltons solo on Kid Charlemagne have sounded with rigid picking technique? Probably not as fluid I would imagine. Scott Henderson picks very little and I love his improv sound. Different strokes for different folks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think getting that distinctness of rhythm is a real struggle for me... Thinking 1/8th triplets at 240 say but really nailing the time. Sounds great when you hear it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I think getting that distinctness of rhythm is a real struggle for me... Thinking 1/8th triplets at 240 say but really nailing the time. Sounds great when you hear it.
    It sure does

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trap
    I wonder how would Larry Carltons solo on Kid Charlemagne have sounded with rigid picking technique? Probably not as fluid I would imagine. Scott Henderson picks very little and I love his improv sound. Different strokes for different folks!
    Some like it smooth and flabby, using thick "eraser" picks. Personally I do like a defined attack of the notes, and I guess I'm leaning a bit towards Andreas Öberg in that respect, although not quite as extreme. Many times he really sounds like he's gypsy picking on an electric guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazz4ever
    yes ... its all good. Before the grady series the main tech I studied was strict alternate and sweep. The style you're describing sounds kind of like what Yngwie does - dwps with strategic hammer-on/pulloff.
    That's what I've been saying all along.