The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boo
    my AT teacher is a certified AT instructor who had a long and expensive training. My guess is that the same can be said about Bill Plake. I took many (real) lessons with my teacher and all you have done is reading a book and are talking about opinions. Wow.....

Huh? I haven't read any book. I was asking if anyone here has done and had success with the AT. And I'm suspicious of any opinions that are presented as "absolute."

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Huh? I haven't read any book. I was asking if anyone here has done and had success with the AT. And I'm suspicious of any opinions that are presented as "absolute."
    oh, that is even better, you didn’t read the book you mentioned.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boo
    oh, that is even better, you didn’t read the book you mentioned.
    I asked if anyone here had experience with AT, and you provided SOMEONE ELSE's opinion. Do YOU have an actual opinion based on personal experience? Or do you just blindly follow others' opinions? If you have an opinion based on personal experience, please provide it... you have not yet.

User Info Menu

I was interested in AT many years ago. I went for sessions with a pro for at least six months, maybe longer. (I'm pretty sure I commented on this thread years ago.)

I didn't find it a revelation but I did find it useful. If I'm ever feeling kinked up and my lower back is stiff, I lie on the floor in the "balanced rest" position for 15 minutes or so and I'm much better.