Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 135 of 135

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    He has some bop pedigree.
    He definitely does.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I still haven't found a ton of JM jazz playing I love but this track always gets me. Plays to his strength definitely.

User Info Menu

What about "New York On My Mind" on the same album?

Shades of the original Orchestra on their first album.
    Emotion, raw power and then the softer interlude.

Then there's the solo guitar version of "My Foolish Heart" at the end of the album.

User Info Menu

Sully - Seriously? Did you miss the 90’s?

User Info Menu

The last time we were happy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzjourney4Eva
    Sully - Seriously? Did you miss the 90’s?
    Internet wise? I mean, I miss the time before the internet dropped all our IQs 20 points, when I was still able to read books, before I heard the term "monitized", etc, yeah.

What's weird to me is the unarchived-Ness of the internet. People would put hard work into blogs and other stuff about something they were into. A specific camera or boat, or music or poetry. It would be excellent content. Then eventually they would get bored and maybe stop and then eventually stop paying for the web hosting and poof! All gone forever.

User Info Menu

I hear you Sully. See Dutchbopper's Jazz Guitar Blog while you still can!

User Info Menu

There's another side to the relationship between JM and Miles as described in the Jazz Times interview, John McLaughlin On Miles Davis In JazzTimes | Miles Davis Official Site

McLaughlin talks about how Miles gave him money to eat and pay rent. I get the feeling there were two sides of Miles, one shown to the public and one to his colleagues.

--Charley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    I get the feeling there were two sides of Miles, one shown to the public and one to his colleagues.
    More than two, doubtless - there was also (at least) one to women.

User Info Menu

Newly released footage from 1970 of The Tony Williams Lifetime with John McLaughlin, Larry Young and Jack Bruce!