View Poll Results: Do you prefer to stand or sit when you play jazz?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer to stand when I play

39 24.07%
  • I prefer to sit when I play jazz

123 75.93%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 107 of 107

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Do you sit of stand when performing?

Do you know who makes that headless/bodyless guitar? It's not a Yamaha Silent Guitar-they have the tuners on the headstock.

Doug

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jovialspoon View Post
    Man, I hate that Arthur Itus.
    That Arthur-a real pain in the gluteous maximus!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Doug B;971023]Do you know who makes that headless/bodyless guitar? It's not a Yamaha Silent Guitar-they have the tuners on the headstock.

Doug

Looks like a Solette model
    SoloEtte Travel Guitar

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=es347;971031]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Do you know who makes that headless/bodyless guitar? It's not a Yamaha Silent Guitar-they have the tuners on the headstock.

Doug

Looks like a Solette model
    SoloEtte Travel Guitar

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
    As I get get older I always opt to sit. But I also got more comfortable playing jazz sitting. Since that's the way I practice my arms got comfortable with that so I don't feel I can really play at my optimum standing. I don't play a big arch top but rather a Gibson ES-355, so weight is not an issue. I have done recently a 6 hour gig where I was required to stand the whole time and I survived, and didn't really have a problem, which made me re-think my justifications for sitting, for about a minute.

How about you? Do you sit or stand?
    Totally agree, Henry. As I got older (65) I was diagnosed with spinal arthritis. Standing for more than 15-20 minutes is all i can manage. Sitting and using a classical foot rest let's me play for 90 minutes!

User Info Menu

Archtops and acoustics i always sit on a stool or chair. With the 335 i get a stool, but also stand up a lot. Electric guitars or relative music i stand up !

I'm still waiting for a theater director to have me play lying on a couch.. Hasn't happened yet!!
    Last edited by Alter; 11-03-2019 at 05:27 PM.

User Info Menu

That headless guitar looks like a Frameworks.

I pretty much STAND for all practice and especially performance.
    Last edited by coolvinny; 11-03-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: brain fart - wrote that I mostly sit but that's backwards, I mostly stand!