The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 77 of 77

User Info Menu

Not sure if I quite grokked all of that Robert, but Varady's sounding great these days (been a while since I heard him) I like his tone... I'll have a go at playing like that, but I find it a bit awkward when I tried it. It's the natural solution to go from GJ picking to electric....

But then, I don't Gypsy pick that much any more....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yeah- you work on chops but a lot of lines sound better in 8th notes -
    instead of cluttered up with speedy stuff.

Everything alternates , no thinking , like walking ,running down the street .

You ever think - left ,right left , right , left right - when running down the street ?That's exactly how Alt Picking is.

Very simple and consistent.You run down the street around the tree branch and never think left right left right.That's the simplicity of Alt Picking-

>>>>**REGARDLESS - of how you cross strings -you will STILL be alt picking 60 to 80 % of the time.
    If you label someone an Economy Picker or a Presbyterian Picker - there is still 60 to 80% alt picking

-Infinitely subdividing picking to include Steve Jones Picking ( from the Shell Gas Station ) in Macon Georgia lol.-
    You will end up with 846,863 different ways to pick-

There are actually only a FEW ways to pick .
    It is very very simple to use your hands / pick and work from the strings themselves.

IMPORTANT >>>>>Get the picking out of your way to play music- don't study picking !
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 12-23-2018 at 11:30 AM.