The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TommyD
    I have to say though, that my best solution, and what I use myself, is a guitar strap. All you need is a nice big strap button on the heel of the guitar. I attach the other end to the fret board by means of a Planet Waves Quick release system;
    Amazon.com: Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Quick-Release System: Musical Instruments
    Then you can sit or stand with both feet on the floor and adjust the fret board where you like it.

Tommy/
    In my experience, a well adjusted strap doesn't do the trick with a solid body guitar. The nut will always be farther from you vs having the solid body on your leg (with archtops though, a well adjusted strap solves the problem). The dynarette probably works. I like the Neck-up in part because it collapses down into almost nothing and easily fits in a guitar case.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TommyD
    I have to say though, that my best solution, and what I use myself, is a guitar strap. All you need is a nice big strap button on the heel of the guitar. I attach the other end to the fret board by means of a Planet Waves Quick release system;
    Amazon.com: Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Quick-Release System: Musical Instruments
    Then you can sit or stand with both feet on the floor and adjust the fret board where you like it.

Tommy/
    I do just what you said. Instead of the release system, my strap is tied to the guitar with a shoelace going under the fingerboard extention and around the neck joint. It doesn't interfere with the strings in any way and is well balanced. I'm just not going to add the second strap button to my D'A.

User Info Menu

Every looked at the Hofner verythin? I played one very briefly in a store the other day and I was amazed at how comfortable it was. Nice guitar. Check out the high end ones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    How about the Freddie Green style?

It looks like the guitar is lying at a shallow angle on a left leg crossed over right knee, but the right fore arm seems flat. This would be ideal for rhythm but problematic for single note runs.

He 'aint changed position in all those years!

Hope this helps,

how 'bout no.

User Info Menu

Ever play a Klein? Friend of mine has one. I worked on it. First time I picked it up I thought "what a goofy axe!" Then I played it. It's the shape that felt perfect for me. I'm going to build an archtop with that design.
    Allows you to play with the neck angled up, legs even, back without a twist (many classical players suffer from back problems) and without uneven pressure on the lower back. I do suffer from ulnar nerve compression. I'm acutely aware of what exacerbates the problem. Klein guitar design was like therapy. And it played really nicely.
    David

Sorry for my lack of participation in my own thread but I do want to say that all posts are appreciated and being considered, so thank you. I'm still trying to figure it out. I think a new guitar is really in order.

One thing that seems to help is to simply change up positions with some frequency so none of the specific issues are sustained that much.

Having a Klein would be cool. David, if you want to buy me one, I wouldn't hold that against you.