The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Sorry... maybe this one's better... or if not and if would help I could make short video of something of your choice and show hand and wrist while playing... best Reg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg

Sorry... maybe this one's better... or if not and if would help I could make short video of something of your choice and show hand and wrist while playing... best Reg
    Both were helpful. It is true that your wrist wasn't visible (at least not often) in the first one, but the most important thing to *me* was how you held your thumb. I like to hold my thumb that way--the natural way to hold it when strumming with it--but I can't hold a pick the normal way and keep my thumb that way. (Unless I cock my index finger in an awkward way, a grip I could never keep long.)

You're a fleet picker, alright. I wish I had your chops. Love the octave work too, and the chord punctuations. I'll seek out more of your clips.

By the way, how do you hold a pick? When my thumb is that way,no part of the pick is past my fingernail (-going toward the middle finger, I mean). There's nothing wrong with that, I guess, but when I let my forearm start rolling, my index finger sometimes hits the string, or sounds it following the pick attack, both of which bug me. If I keep the forearm from rolling, maybe I'll be okay with wrist motion.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

very nice playing reg